Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » "Point to click is outside of component" When select "File" menu by texpath on U("Point to click is outside of component" When select "File" menu by texpath on Ubuntu platform)
"Point to click is outside of component" When select "File" menu by texpath on U [message #1772627] Wed, 13 September 2017 08:46 Go to next message
Patrick Yang is currently offline Patrick YangFriend
I try to use ub_mbr_selectEntry_byTextpath test case to select "File" menu on Ubuntu 16.04. But it failed with reason "Point to click is outside of component". The AUT is rcp based application. Could someone help check how to solve this issue? Thanks.
Also upload the screen shot for this.
Re: "Point to click is outside of component" When select "File" menu by texpath [message #1773071 is a reply to message #1772627] Thu, 21 September 2017 05:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hello,

I'm not sure why the error is appearing, but I can see that you are actually only trying to click "File" on the menu. I assume you actually want to click a path like "File/New/Project" for example. What happens if you use the whole path you want to select?

Best regards,
Alex
Re: "Point to click is outside of component" When select "File" menu by texpath [message #1773281 is a reply to message #1773071] Tue, 26 September 2017 00:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Patrick Yang is currently offline Patrick YangFriend
Also have the same issue if I set path like "File/New/Project". I test it on Ubuntu system.
Re: "Point to click is outside of component" When select "File" menu by texpath [message #1773546 is a reply to message #1773281] Fri, 29 September 2017 06:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Marvin Mueller is currently offline Marvin MuellerFriend
Are you working an a multi monitor setup? If yes try to use the other monitor.
Is there any possibility that we can can get a Screenshot from the extended menu?

Best regards
Marvin
Re: "Point to click is outside of component" When select "File" menu by texpath [message #1782176 is a reply to message #1772627] Tue, 20 February 2018 07:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Vipin Sharma is currently offline Vipin SharmaFriend
Even I'm facing the same issue.
Re: "Point to click is outside of component" When select "File" menu by texpath [message #1782177 is a reply to message #1782176] Tue, 20 February 2018 07:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Vipin Sharma is currently offline Vipin SharmaFriend
I tried On Ubuntu 16.04 with Jubula 8.5.
Re: "Point to click is outside of component" When select "File" menu by texpath [message #1782339 is a reply to message #1782177] Thu, 22 February 2018 06:59 Go to previous message
Marvin Mueller is currently offline Marvin MuellerFriend
This problem is because the Unity desktop is having the menu bar in the top instead of in the application. Since the next Version of Ubuntu seems to use Gnome as a desktop environment we are unlikely to support this.
But there is a workaround for this. You can use the menu bar via key combinations.
You can for example do a key combination with 'alt + F' then 'n' then 'r '
or directly by doing a key combination 'Shift + alt + n' then 'r'

best regards
Marvin
Previous Topic:How to ensure the correct application is tested
Next Topic:New to Extending Rootkits
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 06:31:08 GMT 2024