Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » [Oxygen] Cannot create a context link(Linking a comment to a classifier on a UML class diagram doesn't work)
[Oxygen] Cannot create a context link [message #1772579] Tue, 12 September 2017 15:32 Go to next message
Peter Keller is currently offline Peter KellerFriend
Dear all,

I have recently upgraded to Eclipse Oxygen, with Papyrus 3.0.0, and I find that I cannot draw a link from a comment to a classifier in a class diagram like I used to. I create a comment: that works OK. I then select "Link" in the Edges section of the palette, and attempt to draw a link from the comment to something else. When I click on the commented element, I get a pop-up menu (this behaviour is new to Oxygen), with the three entries:

* Create Comment Annotated Element Edge
* Create Time Observation Element Edge
* Create Duration Observation Element Edge

None of these seem appropriate to what I am trying to do, and none of them create the link.

Existing links in diagrams that were created with Neon are displayed OK.

I have looked through the documentation for changes in this area, and haven't found anything. Even if I manually specify the classifier as the annotated element in the Properties view, I still cannot draw a link on the diagram.

I have noticed that if I add a constraint to the diagram, I am dropped immediately into the link operation, and I can click on the constrained element and the link is drawn. This doesn't happen for comments though.

Have I found a bug, or have I just missed something?
Re: [Oxygen] Cannot create a context link [message #1772874 is a reply to message #1772579] Mon, 18 September 2017 08:31 Go to previous message
Ansgar Radermacher is currently offline Ansgar RadermacherFriend
Hi Peter,

this is a known bug, that has been fixed. Please try a nightly oxygen (or wait for the oxygen.1 in a bit more than a week) available via the following update-site:
http://download.eclipse.org/modeling/mdt/papyrus/updates/nightly/oxygen
Previous Topic:Sophia, a Safety and Security framework integrated within Papyrus
Next Topic:Error when adding custom SVG symbol to block
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 19:59:50 GMT 2024