Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Eclipse Oxygen is broken: Splash shows on startup, then Eclipse closes(Upon trying to launch Eclipse, it now shows splash screen for less than a second and then closes)
Eclipse Oxygen is broken: Splash shows on startup, then Eclipse closes [message #1772574] Tue, 12 September 2017 15:06 Go to next message
Eirik Hetland is currently offline Eirik HetlandFriend
I have been running Eclipse for about 1 week on my MSI Laptop With a Windows 10 Home 64bit OS. And it has been functioning properly for some time. Today, this all changed after my computer froze when trying to Connect it to a Public WiFi network where I was unable to even move the mouse. I was then forced to hold the Power button to force shutdown the computer, then restart. After restarting it however, when I try to launch Eclipse, instead of launching like normal it shows the splash screen for less than a second and then shuts Down. And this happens 100% of the time: this means i am totally unable to launch Eclipse. The day before I had installed GitHub Desktop to sync Git repositories With GitHub.

I am aware there are similar threads on this topic, but those are all outdated information.

I have tried re-unzipping AND moving the folder eclipse-workspace from my user folder to Desktop, and even rebooting my computer. Nothing helps. I need help on this issue, this is a MAJOR issue, and i do not need it in a few days, hours or minutes, i need help NOW!
Re: Eclipse Oxygen is broken: Splash shows on startup, then Eclipse closes [message #1772583 is a reply to message #1772574] Tue, 12 September 2017 15:57 Go to previous message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
Perhaps there are clues in the eclipse/configuration folder, i.e., *.log files in that folder. If you run eclipse.exe from the command line with a -data <an-empty-new-folder> does it start then? You could also run from the command line and try -clean -debug to see if there are clues printed to the console.

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Previous Topic:Codes run as JNLP with IcedTea but don't from within Eclipse!
Next Topic:How to fix bugs in Eclipse
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 07:13:17 GMT 2024