Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » Xbootclasspath is no longer a supported option on JRE 9(Running a Java configuration produces Xbootclasspath error and VM fails to load when using JRE 9)
Xbootclasspath is no longer a supported option on JRE 9 [message #1772545] Tue, 12 September 2017 08:57 Go to next message
Mark Willman is currently offline Mark WillmanFriend
I'm running Eclipse Oxygen, and installed the Java 9 Support (BETA) for Oxygen from the Marketplace Client. I installed separately jre-9+181_windows-x64_bin.

I'm switched over my JavaFX project from JRE 8_121 (working perfectly) to JRE-9 and when running the app it outputs "-Xbootclasspath is no longer a supported option on JRE 9" and then fails to load the VM.

I've checked under the "Arguments" tab in the properties and there are no params defined at all, and the ClassPath tab has only the usual Bootstrap JRE-9 and User Entries default class paths.

I would appreciate any light on resolving this error as i cannot find any useful information anywhere that resolves this.
Re: Xbootclasspath is no longer a supported option on JRE 9 [message #1772602 is a reply to message #1772545] Tue, 12 September 2017 23:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

What kind of Launch is it//?

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Re: Xbootclasspath is no longer a supported option on JRE 9 [message #1772613 is a reply to message #1772602] Wed, 13 September 2017 06:08 Go to previous message
Mark Willman is currently offline Mark WillmanFriend
Hello - thanks but i resolved it last night by simply moving the JRE-9 entry (in the Classpaths tab) from the Bootstrap section to the User Entries section.

(PS. re:launch - did not matter if it was executable jar, or the default launch config within Eclipse.)
Previous Topic:How to get active part from IWorkbenchPage in e4?
Next Topic:Eclipse DataBinding: updateTargetToModel() triggers validator twice.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 17:18:40 GMT 2024