Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Eclipse SmartHome » Sudden Build Problem
Sudden Build Problem [message #1772433] Sat, 09 September 2017 15:13 Go to next message
Jabba Loon is currently offline Jabba LoonFriend
Hi All,

I am sure I am going to kick myself when I figure out what is wrong, but have been trying for the last few hours and cannot find a solution!

Basically, I was in the middle of developing a binding and had made good progress. Was partially working etc....

Then I went away on vacation for a few weeks. When I came back, I launched Eclipse, ready to resume and all of a sudden nothing is compiling at all. Every single plugin is failing to build!

I saw elsewhere that I should try to run the setup tasks from the Help menu and did this 5-6 times with no impact. However, I did notice the following in the output from the setup task:

Performing Target Platform openHAB Target Platform
Calculating requirements and dependencies.
Cannot complete the request. Generating details.
Performing Projects Import

The errors in relation to the build failing look like something is misconfigured in relation to dependancies as they are all relating to unable to find imports etc.. for example "BaseThingHandler" cannot be resolved to a type etc...

I have tried clean build and have tried performing the setup task several times, but nothing makes a difference. I havent changed anything since all was working a few weeks ago, so am at a bit of a loss as to where to look next!!!

Any ideas?
Thanks,
Jabba
Re: Sudden Build Problem [message #1772449 is a reply to message #1772433] Sun, 10 September 2017 13:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just as a follow-up, spent more time today trying to figure out the issue and havent progressed. Am sure it must be something simple, but cannot see anywhere what has changed from 2 weeks ago! Any suggestions welcome.

Just by way of example, here are the build errors reported for the "AirQuality" plugin. Obviously, I havent touched any of its code, but clearly there is something wrong with classpaths, bundles or something. I just cannot figure out what!
https://img42.com/abmA3
Re: Sudden Build Problem [message #1772458 is a reply to message #1772449] Mon, 11 September 2017 03:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David Graeff is currently offline David GraeffFriend
The image is gone already ^^
You should update the git repositories and then in eclipse Window->Preferences->Plugin development->Target platform and "Reload" it there.
Re: Sudden Build Problem [message #1772541 is a reply to message #1772458] Tue, 12 September 2017 08:38 Go to previous message
Thanks David,

Tried that and didn't work, but gave me some more clues! See image (hopefully this works this time).
https://ibb.co/fVvF6v
https://ibb.co/fVvF6v

Interestingly, I tried creating a brand new environment to see if that worked for me and at first it did. However, when I subsequently closed Eclipse and restarted (with Setup tasks running again), the same problem occurred again. For now, I can work around the issue using a fresh environment and not closing Eclipse! But there does seem to be a few strange things happening that would be good to get to the bottom of!

Thanks,
Jabba
Previous Topic:Change Channel pattern based on its configuration
Next Topic:Help with PaperUI
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 13:46:46 GMT 2024