Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Oomph » Is Oomph the right tool?
Is Oomph the right tool? [message #1772403] Fri, 08 September 2017 16:07 Go to next message
Faisal Tariq is currently offline Faisal TariqFriend
Hello,

Is Oomph the right tool for doing what I am describing below.

In Eclipse, I want some values in Project->Properties (In the Eclipse Menu) to be set to particular values. Such that when a new Eclipse is installed by the user, he/she will have these values already populated for the new project they are creating. I am particularly interested in "C/C++ Build" and "C/C++ General" under the Project->Properties. (Essentially this will be the factory default from the customers point of view).

Note:- The above is not under Window->Preferences.

Thank you.

Faisal

[Updated on: Fri, 08 September 2017 16:22]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Is Oomph the right tool? [message #1772466 is a reply to message #1772403] Mon, 11 September 2017 06:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
The Properties... dialog can contain any number of things, that might depend on things such as the project's nature or the project's builders (as stored in the .project file). Projects can only have project-specific preferences as stored under the .settings folder. Of course .*files/folders are hidden by default but can be shown using the Filters... menu item in the little triangle control in the upper right of the viewer. Often, for many types of preferences, you can specific them both globally (workspace-scoped preferences) or in the project (then there will be an "Enable project specific settings" check box). While Oomph can be used apply project-specific preferences, the path of the preferences task specifies exactly the name of the project to which to apply those preferences, so there isn't a way to specify that such preferences apply to all projects. But I imagine that C/C++ preferences are much like Java preferences and that you can specify the global default for the workspace, and can also specify project-specific overrides for those preference. Definitely Oomph can be used to set the global workspace preferences to your preferred values, but it won't help applying project specific preferences to all projects.

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Re: Is Oomph the right tool? [message #1772497 is a reply to message #1772466] Mon, 11 September 2017 14:33 Go to previous message
Faisal Tariq is currently offline Faisal TariqFriend
Thanks Ed.
Previous Topic:No eclipse.ini nor configuration/config.ini
Next Topic:Eclipse IDE for Java Installers issue won't download
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 23:02:13 GMT 2024