Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Export Diagram in Papyrus
Export Diagram in Papyrus [message #1772301] Thu, 07 September 2017 18:52 Go to next message
Yehuda Singer is currently offline Yehuda SingerFriend
Dear Sir/Mrs.
I create a C++ simple project. I clicked on the reverse engineering and I generated a UML file. Now I want to generate a diagram. I type on the Export and selected Papyrus. Then I got:
1. the Export all Diagram has a red point before the word Export.
2. No diagram has been build.
attached is the sample project.
Best regards and thanks in advance
Yehuda
Re: Export Diagram in Papyrus [message #1772745 is a reply to message #1772301] Thu, 14 September 2017 15:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mathilde Arnaud is currently offline Mathilde ArnaudFriend
I don't exactly understand what your goal is, but the export function in Papyrus is meant to be called on a model containing diagrams, that's why there is a red point before the word export.
A diagram is used to display some elements of your model. One solution to build a diagram from a uml model is to create a diagram adpated to your goal (class maybe ?) and drop the uml elements into it.
Re: Export Diagram in Papyrus [message #1772838 is a reply to message #1772745] Sat, 16 September 2017 17:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dear Mathilde ArnaudFriend
Thanks for your answer.
Here is the case:
1. I imported a legacy program written in C++.
2. I created UML.
3. Now I want to derive from the UML the component diagram.

Best regards,
Yehuda

Re: Export Diagram in Papyrus [message #1772875 is a reply to message #1772838] Mon, 18 September 2017 08:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ansgar Radermacher is currently offline Ansgar RadermacherFriend
Automatic diagram creation is currently not supported. You can manually create a diagram and then drag&drop elements you want to see there from the model explorer into the diagram.
It is also possible to let elements automatically appear, if you place the graphical parent (e.g. a package) into the diagram and choose "Appearance - sync with model = true" . Put the layout remains manual.
Re: Export Diagram in Papyrus [message #1772919 is a reply to message #1772875] Mon, 18 September 2017 17:25 Go to previous message
Dear Ansgar RadermacherFriend
Thanks for your answer. Can you please send me an example, with your recommended statements.

Best regards,
Yehuda

Previous Topic:papyrus compiles error ---target
Next Topic:Documentation for the new Palette configuration model format
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 21:57:00 GMT 2024