Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Oomph » No eclipse.ini nor configuration/config.ini(Missing .ini files after product installation)
No eclipse.ini nor configuration/config.ini [message #1772221] Wed, 06 September 2017 20:42 Go to next message
Ge Strait is currently offline Ge StraitFriend
Question: Does the Eclipse Installer create an eclipse.ini and configuration/config.ini based upon content of p2 sites specified by a Product Setup Model?

Details:
My company has created an Eclipse product and a p2 site that includes all features required to install the product. Today we use Tycho to materialize and archive the product to distribute it.

We're now exploring Oopmh as a better install mechanism. I've created a simple Ooomph Product Setup Model that has a single P2 Director task that has;
1) A Repository defined to my Eclipse product p2 site
2) A Requirement that specifies a single feature, that includes all features that are my Eclipse product.

When I drop the Oomph Product Setup into the Eclipse Installer <User Products> catalog, and install (using advanced mode), I don't see an eclipse.ini file, nor a configuration/config.ini file created in the install location. Additionally some configuration subfolders I normally see in the install location are not there. e.g. org.eclipse.core.runtime

Can anyone suggest what I need to do so eclipse.ini and configuration/config.ini files are created when I install my product using the Eclipse Installer?
For example:
Is there an Oomph Setup Task I need to add my .product file to my Product Setup Model?
Perhaps I'm not building my p2 site correctly?
Does the Eclipse Installer create an eclipse.ini and configuration/config.ini based upon content of p2 sites specified in a Product Setup Model?

Thanks for any help.
Re: No eclipse.ini nor configuration/config.ini [message #1772382 is a reply to message #1772221] Fri, 08 September 2017 13:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
As I mentioned in your other post, there needs to be a product IU. Either you provide one or you reuse an existing one, e.g., the minimal one from the platform.

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Re: No eclipse.ini nor configuration/config.ini [message #1772389 is a reply to message #1772221] Fri, 08 September 2017 13:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Update:
I've identified the following are the critical files missing from my product install location when installed by the Eclipse Installer:
eclipse/
configuration/config.ini
configuration/org.eclipse.equinox.simpleconfigurator/bundles.info
eclipse.ini

If I manually copy these 3 files in from an install created using the traditional unzip method, then my product installed by the Eclipse Install will start normally.

Note: None of the features in my product p2 site have the product configuration file (i.e. the .product file.) Maybe this is the problem?
Re: No eclipse.ini nor configuration/config.ini [message #1772395 is a reply to message #1772389] Fri, 08 September 2017 14:25 Go to previous message
Sorry Ed, I replied without see your reply. Consider this thread dead. If I need further help we can chat in the "Unable to acquire application service." thread.

Thanks.
Previous Topic:Eclipse Installer couldn't complete the profile generation
Next Topic:Is Oomph the right tool?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 03:35:45 GMT 2024