Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Kapua » Message persistence in kapua - Subscriber connection lost
Message persistence in kapua - Subscriber connection lost [message #1772070] Tue, 05 September 2017 08:55 Go to next message
Raghu Akella is currently offline Raghu AkellaFriend
Hi,

I am using Kapua for my IOT solution. I have created two node applications one works a s a subscriber and one works as a client and both applications are pointing to locally running broker. Here my question is , If subscriber lost connection but publisher continuously sending messages on a topic. and after some time subscriber got active connection to broker.

In the above scenario once the subscriber is up will it receive all the messages (current messages + messages which were sent when the subscriber was down) or only current messages.

I have read ActiveMQ documentation which says durable subscriber. Is kapua internally using the same or do we need to do any additional changes.

Please help me.

Thanks,
Raghu
Re: Message persistence in kapua - Subscriber connection lost [message #1778476 is a reply to message #1772070] Thu, 14 December 2017 16:35 Go to previous message
Riccardo Modanese is currently offline Riccardo ModaneseFriend
Hi Raghu,
the current Kapua configuration uses the VirtualTopic as default in the MQTT connectors and the broker persistence is set.
So, with that condition, if you subscribe a topic with QoS>0 the broker subscribes the client to a virtual queue.
In other word, every subscriber with QoS>0 is a durable subscriber.

Riccardo

[Updated on: Thu, 14 December 2017 16:36]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Cannot get data from kapua
Next Topic:Problem in creating user in new child account in Kapua
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 21:00:52 GMT 2024