Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Graphiti » Graphiti Graphic Editor(Customizing a Graphiti Graphic Editor)
Graphiti Graphic Editor [message #1772026] Mon, 04 September 2017 09:18 Go to next message
Yves LEDUC is currently offline Yves LEDUCFriend
In Graphiti Developer Guide> Overview on Graphiti Tools it has a New Graphiti Plug-in Project Wizard paragraph.
This document stops at the description of the creation of a plugin from the template New Plug-in Project Project with Sample Graphiti Editor
without explanation on:
* Creating and using patterns.
* The creation and use of Model Object and Model Object Link. )

To customize the editor and palette based on a template.

How to configure the palette and the editor to display all elements of the model to create a diagram based on this model and not on the default shapes (rectangle, single line.

Thanks
Re: Graphiti Graphic Editor [message #1772080 is a reply to message #1772026] Tue, 05 September 2017 11:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Wenz is currently offline Michael WenzFriend
Yves,

there are further pages in the Graphiti docu that explain the usage of patterns (http://help.eclipse.org/kepler/index.jsp?topic=%2Forg.eclipse.graphiti.doc%2Fresources%2Fdocu%2Fadvanced%2FPatterns.htm&cp=27_2_0) and the tutorial explains most questions around creating a tool based on a simply model. The purpose of the page you refer to is just to describe what can be done using that wizard.

HTH,
Michael
Re: Graphiti Graphic Editor [message #1772322 is a reply to message #1772080] Fri, 08 September 2017 06:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks
But I still have not figured out how to add features, patterns to my Graphiti chart, ie new elements to my chart either directly oneself through patterns.
Re: Graphiti Graphic Editor [message #1772505 is a reply to message #1772322] Mon, 11 September 2017 15:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yves,

I'm not sure what you mean with Graphiti chart? Add features can be provided in the feature provider of your tool, patterns need to return true in the canAdd method. Have you seen the docu about the filesystem example? It uses patterns, and I woul assume that your question is addressed there:
http://help.eclipse.org/kepler/index.jsp?topic=%2Forg.eclipse.graphiti.doc%2Fresources%2Fdocu%2Fexamples%2FFilesystem.htm&cp=27_3_2

Michael
Re: Graphiti Graphic Editor [message #1772793 is a reply to message #1772505] Fri, 15 September 2017 09:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OK, thanks
I want to edit SA diagrams (Structured Analysis) composed of Terminator (rectangle), Process (circle), Store (two parallel lines), ...
(My project is a plugin project based on the "Plug-in with Graphiti Editor" template.
The generated code works and allows me to edit an elementary diagram)
I read this part of the Eclipse Help> Graphiti Developer Guide> Example> Filesystem Example,
but:
- I did not understand everything.
- I can not add any other features than the one created by the Plug-in with Graphiti Editor wizard.
- I do not know how to change the shape of the default feature (a rectangle replaced by a circle).
Re: Graphiti Graphic Editor [message #1772807 is a reply to message #1772793] Fri, 15 September 2017 14:00 Go to previous message
Yves,

can you provide more details on what you did not understand ifrom the Filesystem Example page? Maybe other pages of the Graphiti tutorial already answer parts of that, in case not we can try to improve that page on missing details. In general I would recommend that you go step by step through the tutorial as this will introduce the Graphiti concepts and how to use them. Especially your questions on how to add further features and how to display shapes are addressed there.

Michael
Previous Topic:Dropping palette element from palette onto connection
Next Topic:DesignerToolBehaviorProvider.getSelection() isn't being called when Connection is selected
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 11:00:49 GMT 2024