Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Eclipse Debugger . . . "Source Not Found" (Debugger Not Working)
Eclipse Debugger . . . "Source Not Found" [message #1772013] Sun, 03 September 2017 22:48 Go to next message
Top Kat is currently offline Top KatFriend
Version: Neon.3 Release (4.6.3)
Build id: 20170314-1500

I've had no serious Debug issues till this.
I was adding an alternative class and associated main class to an existing project (whose development intensively used the Eclipse Debug function) and encountered this hassle when using Debug to trace a bug.
It opens the Debug environment all right but shows a "Source Not Found" error.
Unfortunately, it does not provide a name for what is missing !
index.php/fa/30589/0/

When I click on the "Edit Source Lookup Path" I get what i should get, i.e. a path to the src folder for my project.

index.php/fa/30590/0/

I think that this may be an error in Eclipse, possibly due to a recent update.

Anyone got any idea how to fix it ?
Re: Eclipse Debugger . . . "Source Not Found" [message #1772015 is a reply to message #1772013] Mon, 04 September 2017 05:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

It's looking for the source to "Launcher".

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Re: Eclipse Debugger . . . "Source Not Found" [message #1772037 is a reply to message #1772015] Mon, 04 September 2017 12:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I see that, Nitin.
But it has the source path to the 'main' class for this app - so what's the problem ?

More to the point - why hasn't this bug shown itself before ?
Re: Eclipse Debugger . . . "Source Not Found" [message #1772047 is a reply to message #1772037] Mon, 04 September 2017 16:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

Exactly what does "adding an alternative class and associated main class" mean? What steps were involved? Is Launcher one of them? Where in the project is the source for Launcher?

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Re: Eclipse Debugger . . . "Source Not Found" [message #1772048 is a reply to message #1772047] Mon, 04 September 2017 19:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just a project that I revised to include a new class plus a new method in the main class to exploit the new class.
I did nothing explicit to the launcher.
But I haven't been able to use Debug on any other project within Eclipse either since this issue began . . . .

I've been able to get around it this time - awkwardly using print statement statements at critical points in the code - but I can't go on this way.

[Updated on: Mon, 04 September 2017 19:43]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Eclipse Debugger . . . "Source Not Found" [message #1772059 is a reply to message #1772048] Tue, 05 September 2017 06:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
What kind of launcher is this? I.e., under Run -> Debug Configurations... which group is it in? Is it in "Java Application"? If it's under "Eclipse Application" then you can't modify the classpath of the project explicitly, but must edit the MANIFEST.MF using the "Run" tab to add libraries to the .classpath of the plugin so that those libraries can be found by at runtime.

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Re: Eclipse Debugger . . . "Source Not Found" [message #1772078 is a reply to message #1772059] Tue, 05 September 2017 10:37 Go to previous message
JC, it's being launched as a Java Application. I see no option for Eclipse Application.
The classpath tab is what it should be - it holds paths to both the project folder and the most recent JRE.
Plainly some update to Eclipse Neon has changed the whole process for doing a Debug.
Previous Topic:Cannot generate a BW Object in Eclipse Neon 3
Next Topic:Email Notifications Have Dead Links
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 22:00:46 GMT 2024