Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Epsilon » EOL stansalone problem
EOL stansalone problem [message #1771894] Thu, 31 August 2017 19:49 Go to next message
Banafsheh Azizi is currently offline Banafsheh AziziFriend
Hi,

When I want to run the below code via standalone, I have an error. It is run via EOL configuration without any error.
I transform Families2Persons transformation to its equivalent model with Haetae. And I navigated this model namely ETL via eol program.

the part of code that caused the problem:
for (preblock in ETL!ETLModule.allInstances()-> first().preBlocks.body.statements)
{
}

error:
Called feature preBlocks on undefined object
	at (bundleresource://2405.fwk254513404/org/eclipse/epsilon/examples/standalone/eol/Demo.eol@16:18-16:66)
	at (bundleresource://2405.fwk254513404/org/eclipse/epsilon/examples/standalone/eol/Demo.eol@16:18-16:71)
	at (bundleresource://2405.fwk254513404/org/eclipse/epsilon/examples/standalone/eol/Demo.eol@16:18-16:82)
	at (bundleresource://2405.fwk254513404/org/eclipse/epsilon/examples/standalone/eol/Demo.eol@16:1-22:2)

at org.eclipse.epsilon.eol.dom.PropertyCallExpression.execute(PropertyCallExpression.java:46)
	at org.eclipse.epsilon.eol.dom.PropertyCallExpression.execute(PropertyCallExpression.java:40)
	at org.eclipse.epsilon.eol.dom.PropertyCallExpression.execute(PropertyCallExpression.java:72)
	at org.eclipse.epsilon.eol.execute.ExecutorFactory.executeAST(ExecutorFactory.java:109)
	at org.eclipse.epsilon.eol.dom.PropertyCallExpression.execute(PropertyCallExpression.java:39)
	at org.eclipse.epsilon.eol.dom.PropertyCallExpression.execute(PropertyCallExpression.java:72)
	at org.eclipse.epsilon.eol.execute.ExecutorFactory.executeAST(ExecutorFactory.java:109)
	at org.eclipse.epsilon.eol.dom.PropertyCallExpression.execute(PropertyCallExpression.java:39)
	at org.eclipse.epsilon.eol.dom.ForStatement.execute(ForStatement.java:45)
	at org.eclipse.epsilon.eol.dom.StatementBlock.execute(StatementBlock.java:43)
	at org.eclipse.epsilon.eol.EolModule.execute(EolModule.java:55)
	at org.eclipse.epsilon.examples.standalone.EpsilonStandaloneExample.execute(EpsilonStandaloneExample.java:83)
	at org.eclipse.epsilon.examples.standalone.EpsilonStandaloneExample.execute(EpsilonStandaloneExample.java:71)

The model is attached.

I have also statement such as below. Although it doesn't have an error, it doesn't go to the inner of for block.
for (tr in ETL!TransformationRule)
{
}

Member of MDSE Research Group
http://mdse.ui.ac.ir

[Updated on: Thu, 31 August 2017 20:54]

Report message to a moderator

Re: EOL stansalone problem [message #1771935 is a reply to message #1771894] Fri, 01 September 2017 10:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ran Wei is currently offline Ran WeiFriend
Hi,

On my Eclipse it generates some parsing problems:

org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.impl.ResourceSetImpl$1DiagnosticWrappedException: org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.IllegalValueException: Value 'org.eclipse.emf.ecore.impl.DynamicEObjectImpl@de646d5 (eClass: org.eclipse.emf.ecore.impl.EClassImpl@79cbc176 (name: OperationDefinition) (instanceClassName: null) (abstract: false, interface: false))' is not legal. (platform:/resource/emf.test/model/Families2Persons.etl.model, 12, 120)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.impl.ResourceSetImpl.handleDemandLoadException(ResourceSetImpl.java:319)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.impl.ResourceSetImpl.demandLoadHelper(ResourceSetImpl.java:278)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.impl.ResourceSetImpl.getResource(ResourceSetImpl.java:406)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.presentation.EcoreEditor.createModelGen(EcoreEditor.java:1173)
at org.eclipse.epsilon.dt.exeed.ExeedEditor.createPages(ExeedEditor.java:311)
at org.eclipse.ui.part.MultiPageEditorPart.createPartControl(MultiPageEditorPart.java:363)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.e4.compatibility.CompatibilityPart.createPartControl(CompatibilityPart.java:150)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.e4.compatibility.CompatibilityEditor.createPartControl(CompatibilityEditor.java:99)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.e4.compatibility.CompatibilityPart.create(CompatibilityPart.java:340)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

Did you change Haetae source code or its metamodel in your local copy?

Cheers,
Will

Research Associate
Department of Computer Science
University of York
Re: EOL stansalone problem [message #1771937 is a reply to message #1771935] Fri, 01 September 2017 10:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think I only add "org.eclipse.epsilon.common.dt.tool" extension to "org.eclipse.epsilon.haetae.eol.metamodel.visitor.printer" for using "EolPrinter" as a tool but I'm not sure.
I transformed the attached etl transformation to model with Haetae. Does your achieved model has a difference with my model?

[Updated on: Fri, 01 September 2017 10:52]

Re: EOL stansalone problem [message #1771938 is a reply to message #1771937] Fri, 01 September 2017 10:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Can you please let me know which version of Epsilon you are using?

Cheers,
Will

Research Associate
University of York
Re: EOL stansalone problem [message #1771939 is a reply to message #1771938] Fri, 01 September 2017 10:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I use Epsilon 1.3.

Re: EOL stansalone problem [message #1771943 is a reply to message #1771939] Fri, 01 September 2017 11:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The eol program which has the Families2Persons.etl.model as its input model runs well via run configuration. However, when I try to run it via standalone, it has an error.

I created the model via the below statement in standalone in which model variable contains such a "/FamiliestoPersons/Families2Persons.etl.model" string:
models.add(createEmfModelByURI("ETL", model, "http://www.eclipse.org/epsilon/etl", true, false));

[Updated on: Fri, 01 September 2017 11:49]

Re: EOL stansalone problem [message #1771944 is a reply to message #1771939] Fri, 01 September 2017 11:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi, Could you attach your copy of ETL.ecore and EOL.ecore?

Cheers,
Will

Research Associate
University of York
Re: EOL stansalone problem [message #1771945 is a reply to message #1771944] Fri, 01 September 2017 11:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Those files are attached.

I installed haetae via its update site and also import its files to my workspace. Then run new instance of eclipse to test my plugin.
  • Attachment: EOL.ecore
    (Size: 28.34KB, Downloaded 206 times)
  • Attachment: ETL.ecore
    (Size: 4.98KB, Downloaded 217 times)

[Updated on: Fri, 01 September 2017 11:58]

Re: EOL stansalone problem [message #1771951 is a reply to message #1771945] Fri, 01 September 2017 12:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi, I cannot reproduce your error since I cannot parse the model you provided.

Could you try parse the model from the etl again and post it and we'll pick it up from here.

Cheers,
Will

Research Associate
University of York
Re: EOL stansalone problem [message #1771952 is a reply to message #1771951] Fri, 01 September 2017 13:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The model is attached.

[Updated on: Fri, 01 September 2017 13:04]

Re: EOL stansalone problem [message #1771953 is a reply to message #1771951] Fri, 01 September 2017 13:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It seems there is a problem with my new instance of eclipse because all of my model have an error such as attached files.

would you please try the new attached model? I achieved it in my first eclipse and it doesn't have an error for me.

[Updated on: Fri, 01 September 2017 13:19]

Re: EOL stansalone problem [message #1771959 is a reply to message #1771952] Fri, 01 September 2017 14:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi, can you post your stand alone code and the EOL script?

Cheers,
Will

Research Associate
University of York
Re: EOL stansalone problem [message #1771965 is a reply to message #1771959] Fri, 01 September 2017 16:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

I attached the files you mentioned.
  • Attachment: testt1.zip
    (Size: 31.88KB, Downloaded 194 times)

Re: EOL stansalone problem [message #1771995 is a reply to message #1771965] Sun, 03 September 2017 04:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cannot any one help me in this regard?

Re: EOL stansalone problem [message #1771997 is a reply to message #1771995] Sun, 03 September 2017 06:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Athanasios Zolotas is currently offline Athanasios ZolotasFriend
Hi,

I still cannot parse the provided model. It might be the case that I run Epsilon 1.4.
Anyway, I looked at your code and I cannot see where you register your metamodel. Do you get an exception that the http://.../etl cannot be found or not? If yes, make sure that you register your metamodels before running the standalone version.

Regards,
Thanos
Re: EOL stansalone problem [message #1772009 is a reply to message #1771997] Sun, 03 September 2017 18:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Haetae does't support Epsilon 1.4 [1].
If you have time, would you please test it on epsilon 1.3?
I registered the input and output metamodel (Families.core and Persons.ecore) in my main program but for this minimal example I think these can be removed, because my model only conforms to etl and eol metamodels. By the way, using main program, When I create wizard and popup menu extention for plugin and run the plugin as eclipse application, I don't get the error you mentioned but I get the error about preBlock that I show in the first post.
when I run the eol program via EOL configuration I set the metamodel for the model such as attached picture. Is it the case of not specifying eol metamodel via code?

when I run the plugin I attached previously via its main method, I have the error you mentioned. So I tried to register etl metamodel via the attached code. Then I run the project via main method but I have the below error.
 java.lang.NullPointerException
	at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.impl.XMLHandler.createObjectFromFeatureType(XMLHandler.java:2193)
	at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.impl.XMLHandler.createObject(XMLHandler.java:2071)
	at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.impl.XMIHandler.createObject(XMIHandler.java:151)
	at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.impl.XMLHandler.handleFeature(XMLHandler.java:1876)
	at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.impl.XMLHandler.processElement(XMLHandler.java:1030)
	at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.impl.XMIHandler.processElement(XMIHandler.java:82)
	at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.impl.XMLHandler.startElement(XMLHandler.java:1008)
	at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.impl.XMLHandler.startElement(XMLHandler.java:719)
	at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.impl.XMIHandler.startElement(XMIHandler.java:190)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.startElement(AbstractSAXParser.java:509)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanStartElement(XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:1359)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContentDriver.next(XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:2784)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl.next(XMLDocumentScannerImpl.java:602)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:505)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(XML11Configuration.java:841)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(XML11Configuration.java:770)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XMLParser.parse(XMLParser.java:141)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(AbstractSAXParser.java:1213)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.SAXParserImpl$JAXPSAXParser.parse(SAXParserImpl.java:643)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.SAXParserImpl.parse(SAXParserImpl.java:327)
	at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.impl.XMLLoadImpl.load(XMLLoadImpl.java:175)
	at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.impl.XMLResourceImpl.doLoad(XMLResourceImpl.java:261)
	at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.impl.ResourceImpl.load(ResourceImpl.java:1518)
	at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.impl.ResourceImpl.load(ResourceImpl.java:1297)
	at org.eclipse.epsilon.emc.emf.EmfModel.loadModelFromUri(EmfModel.java:262)
	at org.eclipse.epsilon.emc.emf.EmfModel.loadModel(EmfModel.java:173)
	at org.eclipse.epsilon.eol.models.CachedModel.load(CachedModel.java:147)
	at org.eclipse.epsilon.emc.emf.EmfModel.load(EmfModel.java:169)
	at org.eclipse.epsilon.examples.standalone.EpsilonStandaloneExample.createEmfModelByURI(EpsilonStandaloneExample.java:142)
	at org.eclipse.epsilon.examples.standalone.eol.EolStandaloneExample.getModels(EolStandaloneExample.java:77)
	at org.eclipse.epsilon.examples.standalone.EpsilonStandaloneExample.execute(EpsilonStandaloneExample.java:60)
	at org.eclipse.epsilon.examples.standalone.eol.EolStandaloneExample.main(EolStandaloneExample.java:44)

[1]. https://github.com/epsilonlabs/haetae

Re: EOL stansalone problem [message #1772024 is a reply to message #1772009] Mon, 04 September 2017 08:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Athanasios Zolotas is currently offline Athanasios ZolotasFriend
Hi,

Yes, Haetae is not compatible with 1.4 however, I actually tried to create a minimal EOL standalone application that doesn't use any aspect of Haetae except the ETL.ecore and EOL.ecore metamodels. But your provided model still has errors. Anyway, I spend some time trying that in Epsilon 1.3 as well to confirm my understanding and indeed the same problem exists: your model is not parsing at my side (I tried all the versions you provided to far). And I think that you receive the exception you posted in your last message because of that. I actually receive the same exception when I use your model.

So, the importand bits:
1) As soon as you're loading an EMF model then you have to register the metamodels this model conforms to. So, if your model conforms to the ETL metamodel then you have to register it. If your model conforms to the Person metamodel then you have to register it, etc. Otherwise, Epsilon won't be able to execute the standalone program. The fact that you don't get the error when you run in a new Eclipse instance might be because Haetae registers the metamodels for you in one of its plugins that are loaded when the new Eclipse instance loads.

2) I created another example model, as your model doesn't work for me. Your demo.eol executes fine on this model. I actually changed it a bit (see below) as soon as my model doesn't have body statements***.

This is my Demo.eol
"hi".println();
	var sys = Native("java.lang.System") ;
  	var startTime = sys.currentTimeMillis();
	startTime.println("start ... ");

var package = new Ecore!EPackage;
	package.name = 'Target';
	var EolPrinter : new Native("org.eclipse.epsilon.eol.visitor.printer.impl.EolPrinter");

/* pre */
	for (preblock in ETL!ETLModule.allInstances()-> first().preBlocks)
	{
		for (pre in preblock)
		{
			pre.println();
		}
	}
"bye".println();

And this is what it prints:
hi
start ... 1504514902120
org.eclipse.emf.ecore.impl.DynamicEObjectImpl@14a4e18 (eClass: org.eclipse.emf.ecore.impl.EClassImpl@12da18f (name: NamedBlock) (instanceClassName: null) (abstract: false, interface: false))
bye

Which is a valid output based on my model input: I have one Transformation Rule which has one preblock. The script enters in both loops and prints the preblock.

What I would suggest is try my model that I attach and verify that it works for you.

*** When I try to create a new model that conforms to the ETL.ecore provided in Haetae I get a (not very descriptive) NPE. As a result I cannot access the properties to create body statements. I don't know if you get this as well. My basic model still works though. In any case, I will ping William, the main developer of Haetae, to ask him about that and I will let you know. I am not familiar with Haetae at all and it might be something that I am doing wrong.
  • Attachment: thanos.model
    (Size: 0.31KB, Downloaded 225 times)
Re: EOL stansalone problem [message #1772030 is a reply to message #1772024] Mon, 04 September 2017 10:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Many thanks for your time. your model works for me and I got the same result. I cannot access the properties to create body statements as well.
Since my implementation is based on haetae, I look forward to hear from you.

[Updated on: Mon, 04 September 2017 11:25]

Re: EOL stansalone problem [message #1772042 is a reply to message #1772009] Mon, 04 September 2017 14:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

We have spotted some problems with the ETL.ecore, introduced probably in the last refactor phase. It has now been rectified.

I have attached the ETL model generated from your transformation. Please give it another try.

Please also update the changes from haetae repository.

Cheers,
Will

Research Associate
University of York
Re: EOL stansalone problem [message #1772060 is a reply to message #1772042] Tue, 05 September 2017 06:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Thanks a million for your support. My problem was solved.

Re: EOL stansalone problem [message #1772121 is a reply to message #1772042] Tue, 05 September 2017 18:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am sorry when I run it via main method it works well. However, when I run it via popupMenu in the new eclipse application, It has a below error:
Undefined variable, type or model: 'ETL!ETLModule'

when I remove the lines that register etl metamodel, I have the below error:

I also downloaded a new eclipse with epsilon 1.3 and test in it but the result doesn't change. (I imported haetae plugins in the first eclipse)

As another question, I don't know how can I get xmi model from etl transformation with haetae. When I right click on etl file I saw Epsilon Haetae menu. but it generates old .model file.

I also tried to redownload the haetae from https://github.com/epsilonlabs/haetae today. but the new download has errors as seen in the attached picture.

Thanks for your time,

[Updated on: Tue, 05 September 2017 18:34]

Re: EOL stansalone problem [message #1772123 is a reply to message #1772121] Tue, 05 September 2017 18:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi, this is because I have not built the update site yet - I will do so in a moment

Research Associate
University of York
Re: EOL stansalone problem [message #1772126 is a reply to message #1772123] Tue, 05 September 2017 20:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi, I have rebuilt the update site, hopefully this solves your problem - although I would highly recommend you to use the source code instead of directly installing from the update site
Cheers,
Will

Research Associate
University of York

[Updated on: Tue, 05 September 2017 20:20]

Re: EOL stansalone problem [message #1772142 is a reply to message #1772126] Wed, 06 September 2017 05:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,
Everything I have described above is about source code.
I also tried uplatesite and it says: "The chosen operation is not currently available."

Re: EOL stansalone problem [message #1772155 is a reply to message #1772142] Wed, 06 September 2017 07:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Did you pull from git again when I updated the update site? I have changed some source code along with it.

Cheers,
Will

Research Associate
University of York
Re: EOL stansalone problem [message #1772174 is a reply to message #1772155] Wed, 06 September 2017 10:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I imported source code via git clone. then run the new instance of eclipse and test in it. However, when I clicked on transform to ETL model, nothing was happened.
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.eclipse.epsilon.eol.metamodel.EolFactory cannot be found by org.eclipse.epsilon.haetae.eol.ast2eol_1.0.0.qualifier
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClassInternal(BundleLoader.java:439)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:352)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:344)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.ModuleClassLoader.loadClass(ModuleClassLoader.java:160)
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:357)
	... 37 more

Re: EOL stansalone problem [message #1772177 is a reply to message #1772174] Wed, 06 September 2017 11:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi, I have just rebuilt all the projects and it should be working. Anything goes wrong, let us know.

Cheers,
Will

Research Associate
University of York
Re: EOL stansalone problem [message #1772211 is a reply to message #1772177] Wed, 06 September 2017 18:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,
Thanks. It generates the .model file attached. it is not .xmi model. Is it true?

When I run standalone via the new eclipse, it has the below error that I mentioned in the first post.

at (bundleresource://962.fwk413293501/org/eclipse/epsilon/examples/standalone/eol/Demo.eol@17:18-17:66)
	at (bundleresource://962.fwk413293501/org/eclipse/epsilon/examples/standalone/eol/Demo.eol@17:18-17:71)
	at (bundleresource://962.fwk413293501/org/eclipse/epsilon/examples/standalone/eol/Demo.eol@17:18-17:82)
	at (bundleresource://962.fwk413293501/org/eclipse/epsilon/examples/standalone/eol/Demo.eol@17:1-23:2)

I also test it with your Families2Persons.xmi model, but it has the same error when is not running via main method.

It seems both .model and .xmi files already have the same result, but they both have an error as described in the message https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php?t=msg&th=1088595&goto=1772121&#msg_1772121.

Re: EOL stansalone problem [message #1772215 is a reply to message #1772211] Wed, 06 September 2017 19:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi, the files .xmi and .model are both XMI files which conform to the same ETL metamodel, extension does not make a difference.

Cheers,
Will

Research Associate
University of York

[Updated on: Wed, 06 September 2017 20:08]

Re: EOL stansalone problem [message #1772217 is a reply to message #1772215] Wed, 06 September 2017 20:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi just had a look at your Demo.eol.

Could you explain to me, when you run it with EOL run configuration file, how many models you created and what metamodels they conform to?

Research Associate
University of York
Re: EOL stansalone problem [message #1772218 is a reply to message #1772217] Wed, 06 September 2017 20:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Could you please provide your run configuration file as explained in [1].

[1]. https://www.eclipse.org/epsilon/doc/articles/minimal-examples/

Research Associate
University of York

[Updated on: Wed, 06 September 2017 20:24]

Re: EOL stansalone problem [message #1772262 is a reply to message #1772218] Thu, 07 September 2017 08:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,
I attached the minimal example.
I have two models:
1. "ETL" conforms to "eol" and "etl" metamodels.
2. "Ecore" conforms to "Ecore" metamodel.

[Updated on: Thu, 07 September 2017 08:20]

Re: EOL stansalone problem [message #1772271 is a reply to message #1772262] Thu, 07 September 2017 10:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi there, I have figured out what the problem is:

When you configure a model and specify the .model file in the run configuration, it shows what metamodels it conform to, but the metamodels are not actually in the EPackage registry. I have made some changes to the plug-ins so that these metamodels are registered when you run a new Eclipse instance.

Your code should work now, please update your source from github.

Cheers,
Will

Research Associate
University of York
Re: EOL stansalone problem [message #1772329 is a reply to message #1772271] Fri, 08 September 2017 06:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Thanks for your time. Now it has the below error (via standalone):
Undefined variable, type or model: 'ETL!ETLModule'

[Updated on: Fri, 08 September 2017 06:43]

Re: EOL stansalone problem [message #1772350 is a reply to message #1772329] Fri, 08 September 2017 10:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi, can you specify your environment when you mean "standalone"?

1. are you running a new Eclipse instance with all the plug-ins from haetae?
2. are EOL and ETL metamodels in the EPackage Registry? (Window->show view->other->EPackage Registry)
3. are you sure you have the metamodels in the model repository when you run Epsilon stand alone?

Research Associate
University of York
Re: EOL stansalone problem [message #1772364 is a reply to message #1772350] Fri, 08 September 2017 11:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

I imported haetae source from git clone https://github.com/epsilonlabs/haetae. I imported my plugin project (which used epsilon standalone to run the EOL program) to this eclipse as well. Then I run a new instance of eclipse via run configuration. In the new eclipse, I right clicked on the file and clicked on my plugin menu item in the popup menu. I browse the etl transformation model and its input and output metamodels. then clicked the button to run the eol program via standalone. It says that error.

1. Yes, I am.
2,3. I have these metamodels in the EPackage Registry of the second eclipse but I don't have them on the first eclipse. I also tried to register these metamodels manually (in the first eclipse) by right clicking on ETL.ecore and EOL.ecore file of the imported haetae source. but it doesn't take effect. Although they are already in the EPackage Registry.

[Updated on: Fri, 08 September 2017 11:30]

Re: EOL stansalone problem [message #1772429 is a reply to message #1772364] Sat, 09 September 2017 07:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
when I remove the below line of my code it works well:
models.add(createEmfMetaModelByURI("ETL", "ETL_MM", "http://www.eclipse.org/epsilon/etl"));

protected EmfMetaModel createEmfMetaModelByURI(String name, String Aliases, String metamodel) 
			throws EolModelLoadingException, URISyntaxException {
		EmfMetaModel emfMetaModel = new EmfMetaModel();

//	emfMetaModel.getAliases().add(Aliases);

StringProperties properties = new StringProperties();
		properties.put(EmfMetaModel.PROPERTY_NAME, name);
		properties.put(EmfMetaModel.PROPERTY_METAMODEL_URI,
		metamodel);
		properties.put(EmfMetaModel.PROPERTY_ALIASES, 
		Aliases);
		emfMetaModel.load(properties, (IRelativePathResolver) null);
		return emfMetaModel;
}

It seems set aliases not works for me. It is not used in my code and I remove it.
Many thanks for your time and sorry for any inconvenience.

[Updated on: Sat, 09 September 2017 07:39]

Re: EOL stansalone problem [message #1772514 is a reply to message #1772429] Mon, 11 September 2017 19:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

I thought it may have something to do with names.

Thank you very much for your feedback too.

Research Associate
University of York
Re: EOL stansalone problem [message #1772819 is a reply to message #1772514] Fri, 15 September 2017 16:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry, It is solved.

[Updated on: Mon, 18 September 2017 11:52]

Re: EOL stansalone problem [message #1772837 is a reply to message #1772819] Sat, 16 September 2017 15:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No Message Body

[Updated on: Mon, 18 September 2017 11:51]

Re: EOL stansalone problem [message #1774357 is a reply to message #1772837] Fri, 13 October 2017 08:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

I have another question. It is not related to haetae.
When I run the eol program via eol run configuration, I don't have any error and the program works well. But when I run it via standalone sometimes I have the error attached, another times the execution pauses in 'Using Mandatory effective Metamodel' message.
I tried to add all the required libraries to myPlugin dependencies, I don't know how could I succeed.
I provide a minimal example. I have installed ATL.
First I import all of the plugins in the "anatlyzer" file to eclipse. Then I import "myPlugin" and "MyChecker" plugins to the eclipse as well. After that I run the new instance of eclipse. In the new eclipse I import "Tree2Graph" project. I right clicked on "Tree2Graph.etl" file and select "myPlugin".

In the EolStandaloeExample.java file of "myPlugin", the addresses assigned to "inputMetaModel" and "outputMetamodel" variables related to my PC.

[Updated on: Sun, 15 October 2017 05:17]

Re: EOL stansalone problem [message #1774454 is a reply to message #1774357] Sun, 15 October 2017 05:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
any comment is appreciated.
I have this problem sometimes in windows and always in mac os x.

[Updated on: Thu, 19 October 2017 13:25]

Re: EOL stansalone problem [message #1775020 is a reply to message #1774454] Mon, 23 October 2017 14:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Horacio Hoyos is currently offline Horacio HoyosFriend

Are you trying to invoke ATL from within the ETL? It is unclear what you are trying to achieve, and to me is looks like a class path/dependency problem.

I can only theorise that you will probably also wan to invoke ATL programatically. If so, the ATL forum is better for that. There is a programatic ATL luncher here:

https://github.com/guana/ATLauncher

Cheers,

Horacio Hoyos Rodriguez
Kinori Tech
Need professional support for Epsilon, EMF?
Go to: https://kinori.tech
Re: EOL stansalone problem [message #1775030 is a reply to message #1775020] Mon, 23 October 2017 17:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks for your reply.
I want to pass ATLExpression model to anatlyzer plugin via eol (the anatlyzer detemines whether the expression is satisfiable). When I run the eol program via eol run configuration it doesn't have any error. When I run it via eol standalone, usually it has the error or pauses in 'Using Mandatory effective Metamodel' message.
I don't want to run ATL programatically.

In the eol program, First I pass ATLExpression model to MyChecker plugin. In ATLtoAnatlyzer class of MyChecker plugin, the ATLExpression is transformed to Anatlyzer-based ATLExpression. In ETLChecker class of this plugin, I pass Anatlyzer-based ATLExpression to anatlyzer tool in order to get the result of satisfaction.

I removed unused dependencies and also removed unused models from eol launch and attached the minimal example again.

[Updated on: Mon, 23 October 2017 19:18]

Re: EOL stansalone problem [message #1775304 is a reply to message #1775030] Fri, 27 October 2017 12:00 Go to previous message
When I open an atl file in the editor and run the program, it doesn't have the last error but eclipse is crashed only in mac os.
According to error log, It seems the eclipse is crashed because of "libswt-cocoa-4530.jnilib". Do you know what should I do?
I have an "OS X EI captain", I downloaded eclipse mars from epsilon site (I want to use epsilon 1.3). Does higher version of eclipse solve my problem? Which another "eclipse modeling" can I download? I see https://www.eclipse.org/modeling/downloads/ but I cannot find the suitable version of it for my OS, also I see other platforms link.
Does epsilon1.3 support, the newer version of eclipse?

[Updated on: Fri, 27 October 2017 17:31]

Previous Topic:Combine two projects in one model
Next Topic:Register EPackage on startup
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 07:29:25 GMT 2024