Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » FX Diagram Option breaks on hover.(The example statemachine project does not work as expected)
FX Diagram Option breaks on hover. [message #1771853] Thu, 31 August 2017 12:11 Go to next message
Suprith S is currently offline Suprith SFriend
Hi,
I wanted to have only the graphical view of mydsl so before that I tried the example of Statemachine. I installed the JavaFX dependencies from the below link:
http://dl.bintray.com/jankoehnlein/FXDiagram.

then also I installed graphviz.

Now I opened the xtext example statemachine project and ran it in the Runtime Eclipse.

And created a .statemachine file and wrote the code according to the statemachine grammar. Now I click and go for Show in FXDiagram.

As soon as I hover over the option the option breaks and disappears. I dont know what the issue is as I am not getting any error in the console as well.
Can anybody suggest me a quick fix for this.

I donot want to use any complex graphical editors like Sirius and Graphiti as I need only the graphical view of my dsl . So kindly tell me what i might have missed.

Thanks,
Suprith
Re: FX Diagram Option breaks on hover. [message #1771854 is a reply to message #1771853] Thu, 31 August 2017 12:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I checked some project logs and found the below error
I also checked the my work space and found the pref file. But still its unable to pick it. I am confused why its not able to pick it.

!ENTRY org.eclipse.equinox.preferences 4 4 2017-08-31 13:06:15.200
!MESSAGE Exception loading preferences from: D:/Oxygen_Test_Workspace/org.eclipse.xtext.example.fowlerdsl/.settings/org.eclipse.jdt.core.prefs.
!STACK 0
org.osgi.service.prefs.BackingStoreException: Exception loading preferences from: /org.eclipse.xtext.example.fowlerdsl/.settings/org.eclipse.jdt.core.prefs.
at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.ProjectPreferences.load(ProjectPreferences.java:515)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.ProjectPreferences.load(ProjectPreferences.java:492)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.preferences.EclipsePreferences.create(EclipsePreferences.java:370)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.preferences.EclipsePreferences.internalNode(EclipsePreferences.java:623)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.preferences.EclipsePreferences.node(EclipsePreferences.java:766)
at org.eclipse.core.resources.ProjectScope.getNode(ProjectScope.java:69)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.ui.javaeditor.JavaEditor$EclipsePreferencesAdapter.getNode(JavaEditor.java:363)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.ui.javaeditor.JavaEditor$EclipsePreferencesAdapter.contains(JavaEditor.java:383)
at org.eclipse.ui.texteditor.ChainedPreferenceStore.getVisibleStore(ChainedPreferenceStore.java:463)
at org.eclipse.ui.texteditor.ChainedPreferenceStore.handlePropertyChangeEvent(ChainedPreferenceStore.java:347)
at org.eclipse.ui.texteditor.ChainedPreferenceStore.access$0(ChainedPreferenceStore.java:342)
at org.eclipse.ui.texteditor.ChainedPreferenceStore$PropertyChangeListener.propertyChange(ChainedPreferenceStore.java:67)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.ui.javaeditor.JavaEditor$EclipsePreferencesAdapter.firePropertyChangeEvent(JavaEditor.java:390)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.ui.javaeditor.JavaEditor$EclipsePreferencesAdapter$PreferenceChangeListener$1.run(JavaEditor.java:332)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.RunnableLock.run(RunnableLock.java:37)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Synchronizer.runAsyncMessages(Synchronizer.java:182)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runAsyncMessages(Display.java:4213)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3820)
at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.block(ModalContext.java:165)
at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext.run(ModalContext.java:369)
at org.eclipse.ltk.internal.ui.refactoring.RefactoringWizardDialog2.run(RefactoringWizardDialog2.java:321)
at org.eclipse.ltk.ui.refactoring.RefactoringWizard.internalPerformFinish(RefactoringWizard.java:636)
at org.eclipse.ltk.ui.refactoring.UserInputWizardPage.performFinish(UserInputWizardPage.java:145)
at org.eclipse.ltk.ui.refactoring.resource.DeleteResourcesWizard$DeleteResourcesRefactoringConfigurationPage.performFinish(DeleteResourcesWizard.java:202)
at org.eclipse.ltk.ui.refactoring.RefactoringWizard.performFinish(RefactoringWizard.java:710)
at org.eclipse.ltk.internal.ui.refactoring.RefactoringWizardDialog2.okPressed(RefactoringWizardDialog2.java:447)
at org.eclipse.jface.dialogs.Dialog.buttonPressed(Dialog.java:466)
at org.eclipse.jface.dialogs.Dialog.lambda$0(Dialog.java:619)
at org.eclipse.swt.events.SelectionListener$1.widgetSelected(SelectionListener.java:81)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(TypedListener.java:249)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:86)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.sendEvent(Display.java:4428)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1079)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:4238)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3817)
at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.runEventLoop(Window.java:818)
at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.open(Window.java:794)
at org.eclipse.ltk.ui.refactoring.RefactoringWizardOpenOperation$1.run(RefactoringWizardOpenOperation.java:188)
at org.eclipse.swt.custom.BusyIndicator.showWhile(BusyIndicator.java:70)
at org.eclipse.ltk.ui.refactoring.RefactoringWizardOpenOperation.run(RefactoringWizardOpenOperation.java:203)
at org.eclipse.ltk.ui.refactoring.RefactoringWizardOpenOperation.run(RefactoringWizardOpenOperation.java:122)
at org.eclipse.ltk.internal.ui.refactoring.actions.DeleteResourcesHandler.execute(DeleteResourcesHandler.java:41)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.handlers.HandlerProxy.execute(HandlerProxy.java:291)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.handlers.E4HandlerProxy.execute(E4HandlerProxy.java:92)
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor236.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.MethodRequestor.execute(MethodRequestor.java:55)
at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.InjectorImpl.invokeUsingClass(InjectorImpl.java:305)
at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.InjectorImpl.invoke(InjectorImpl.java:239)
at org.eclipse.e4.core.contexts.ContextInjectionFactory.invoke(ContextInjectionFactory.java:132)
at org.eclipse.e4.core.commands.internal.HandlerServiceHandler.execute(HandlerServiceHandler.java:152)
at org.eclipse.core.commands.Command.executeWithChecks(Command.java:494)
at org.eclipse.core.commands.ParameterizedCommand.executeWithChecks(ParameterizedCommand.java:487)
at org.eclipse.e4.core.commands.internal.HandlerServiceImpl.executeHandler(HandlerServiceImpl.java:210)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.handlers.LegacyHandlerService.executeCommandInContext(LegacyHandlerService.java:442)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.actions.LTKLauncher.runCommand(LTKLauncher.java:96)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.actions.LTKLauncher.openDeleteWizard(LTKLauncher.java:48)
at org.eclipse.ui.actions.DeleteResourceAction.run(DeleteResourceAction.java:449)
at org.eclipse.ui.actions.BaseSelectionListenerAction.runWithEvent(BaseSelectionListenerAction.java:167)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.handleWidgetSelection(ActionContributionItem.java:565)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.lambda$4(ActionContributionItem.java:397)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:86)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.sendEvent(Display.java:4428)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1079)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:4238)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3817)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine$5.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1155)
at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:336)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1044)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.E4Workbench.createAndRunUI(E4Workbench.java:153)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.lambda$3(Workbench.java:680)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:594)
at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:148)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start(IDEApplication.java:151)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:134)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:104)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:388)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:243)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:653)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:590)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1499)

!ENTRY org.eclipse.jface.text 2 0 2017-08-31 13:23:23.214
!MESSAGE Duplicate template id: 'org.eclipse.wst.xslt.templates.xpath.number'

!ENTRY org.eclipse.jface.text 2 0 2017-08-31 13:23:23.214
!MESSAGE Duplicate template id: 'org.eclipse.wst.xslt.templates.xpath.round'

!ENTRY org.eclipse.ui.navigator.resources 4 0 2017-08-31 13:59:11.473
!MESSAGE Could not acquire INavigatorContentService: Project Explorer not found.
Re: FX Diagram Option breaks on hover. [message #1771858 is a reply to message #1771854] Thu, 31 August 2017 12:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I also checked the discussions on GitHub and found that this has no work around yet.

https://github.com/JanKoehnlein/FXDiagram/issues/53

Please tell me how to make the examples work and also correct me if my installation procedure is wrong anywhere.

Thanks,
Suprith
Re: FX Diagram Option breaks on hover. [message #1771875 is a reply to message #1771858] Thu, 31 August 2017 14:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Christian Dietrich is currently offline Christian DietrichFriend
are you sure you are at the right place in the model file?

Twitter : @chrdietrich
Blog : https://www.dietrich-it.de
Re: FX Diagram Option breaks on hover. [message #1771879 is a reply to message #1771875] Thu, 31 August 2017 15:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
besides this it looks the the stuff is made for older eclipse (4.4) and xtext (2.8.4?)
so using the sources and explicitely importing domain and statemachine example might help

Re: FX Diagram Option breaks on hover. [message #1771898 is a reply to message #1771879] Thu, 31 August 2017 20:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am using the xtext version 2.12.0 and Eclipse oxygen. With this combination I did not find any relevant updates on the fx diagram.

Do u want me to try these projects??

https://github.com/JanKoehnlein/FXDiagram

There is not appropriate update on installing of the FXDiagram as well. All I did was install graphviz and the update site provided for FxDiagram by JanKoehnlein.

Is this method correct for this version of xtext.
Please provide me any link you think is relevant to install and work with some examples.

Thanks,
Suprith
Re: FX Diagram Option breaks on hover. [message #1771899 is a reply to message #1771898] Thu, 31 August 2017 20:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I used the new sample wizard to create domainmodel and statmachine example
I imported fxdiagram code from github

Re: FX Diagram Option breaks on hover. [message #1771949 is a reply to message #1771899] Fri, 01 September 2017 12:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jan Koehnlein is currently offline Jan KoehnleinFriend
The problem is that the bundled statemachine example is no longer compatible with the current Xtext.
Easiest way to get the examples running:
- Instantiate the source code for the domainmodel example and the statemachine example, using
File > New... > Example > Xtext > Xtext Domain-Model Example
File > New... > Example > Xtext > Xtext State-Machine Example
- Start a new runtime Eclipse from the workspace where you did this by choosing Run as > Eclipse Application of the context menu of one of the projects in the workspace
- Try the diagram in the new Eclipse
If it doesn't work, you might have to set
-Dorg.osgi.framework.bundle.parent=ext -Dosgi.framework.extensions=org.eclipse.fx.osgi
as VM arguments in the launch configuration for the runtime Eclipse.

This is all discussed in https://github.com/JanKoehnlein/FXDiagram/issues/53

---
Get professional support from the Xtext committers at www.typefox.io
Re: FX Diagram Option breaks on hover. [message #1772021 is a reply to message #1771949] Mon, 04 September 2017 07:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks, I will try this and get back with the result.
Re: FX Diagram Option breaks on hover. [message #1772034 is a reply to message #1771949] Mon, 04 September 2017 11:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Jan,
I did the exact same steps. But it is still breaking. No change. I am not able to find any errors as well.

I also checked the target platform and checked it manually in the runt time settings also. But no use. I still face the same break on hover.

Can you give me another alternative if possible.

Thanks,
Suprith
Re: FX Diagram Option breaks on hover. [message #1772036 is a reply to message #1771949] Mon, 04 September 2017 12:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Can you please share a zipped workspace of the working project. I am unable to find the issue. I guess it isnt working with xtext 2.12 at all,
Re: FX Diagram Option breaks on hover. [message #1772066 is a reply to message #1771949] Tue, 05 September 2017 08:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello I just found this error can you please help me.

!STACK 0
java.lang.TypeNotPresentException: Type org.eclipse.xtext.xbase.file.AbstractFileSystemSupport not present
at sun.reflect.generics.factory.CoreReflectionFactory.makeNamedType(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.generics.visitor.Reifier.visitClassTypeSignature(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.generics.tree.ClassTypeSignature.accept(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.generics.reflectiveObjects.WildcardTypeImpl.getUpperBounds(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.xtext.service.MethodBasedModule.getFirstTypeParameter(MethodBasedModule.java:108)
at org.eclipse.xtext.service.MethodBasedModule.getKeyType(MethodBasedModule.java:99)
at org.eclipse.xtext.service.MethodBasedModule.configure(MethodBasedModule.java:48)
at org.eclipse.xtext.service.CompoundModule.configure(CompoundModule.java:35)
at org.eclipse.xtext.service.AbstractGenericModule.configure(AbstractGenericModule.java:33)
at org.eclipse.xtext.ui.DefaultUiModule.configure(DefaultUiModule.java:134)
at com.google.inject.spi.Elements$RecordingBinder.install(Elements.java:223)
at com.google.inject.spi.Elements.getElements(Elements.java:101)
at com.google.inject.spi.Elements.getElements(Elements.java:92)
at com.google.inject.util.Modules$RealOverriddenModuleBuilder$1.configure(Modules.java:172)
at com.google.inject.AbstractModule.configure(AbstractModule.java:59)
at com.google.inject.spi.Elements$RecordingBinder.install(Elements.java:223)
at com.google.inject.spi.Elements.getElements(Elements.java:101)
at com.google.inject.internal.InjectorShell$Builder.build(InjectorShell.java:133)
at com.google.inject.internal.InternalInjectorCreator.build(InternalInjectorCreator.java:103)
at com.google.inject.Guice.createInjector(Guice.java:95)
at com.google.inject.Guice.createInjector(Guice.java:72)
at com.google.inject.Guice.createInjector(Guice.java:62)
at org.eclipse.xtext.example.domainmodel.ui.internal.DomainmodelActivator.createInjector(DomainmodelActivator.java:67)
at org.eclipse.xtext.example.domainmodel.ui.internal.DomainmodelActivator.getInjector(DomainmodelActivator.java:55)
at org.eclipse.xtext.example.domainmodel.ui.DomainmodelExecutableExtensionFactory.getInjector(DomainmodelExecutableExtensionFactory.java:26)
at org.eclipse.xtext.ui.guice.AbstractGuiceAwareExecutableExtensionFactory.create(AbstractGuiceAwareExecutableExtensionFactory.java:51)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.ConfigurationElement.createExecutableExtension(ConfigurationElement.java:262)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.ConfigurationElementHandle.createExecutableExtension(ConfigurationElementHandle.java:55)
at org.eclipse.xtext.internal.ResourceServiceProviderDescriptor.getExtension(ResourceServiceProviderDescriptor.java:46)
at org.eclipse.xtext.internal.AbstractResourceServiceProviderDescriptor.get(AbstractResourceServiceProviderDescriptor.java:20)
at org.eclipse.xtext.resource.impl.ResourceServiceProviderRegistryImpl$InternalData.getServiceProvider(ResourceServiceProviderRegistryImpl.java:46)
at org.eclipse.xtext.resource.impl.ResourceServiceProviderRegistryImpl.getResourceServiceProvider(ResourceServiceProviderRegistryImpl.java:109)
at org.eclipse.xtext.resource.impl.ResourceServiceProviderRegistryImpl.getResourceServiceProvider(ResourceServiceProviderRegistryImpl.java:129)
at org.eclipse.xtext.ui.resource.UriValidator.isValid(UriValidator.java:27)
at org.eclipse.xtext.ui.resource.Storage2UriMapperImpl.isValidUri(Storage2UriMapperImpl.java:247)
at org.eclipse.xtext.ui.resource.Storage2UriMapperImpl.getUri(Storage2UriMapperImpl.java:233)
at org.eclipse.xtext.ui.resource.Storage2UriMapperImpl$3.visit(Storage2UriMapperImpl.java:174)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Resource$2.visit(Resource.java:120)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Resource$1.visitElement(Resource.java:84)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.watson.ElementTreeIterator.doIteration(ElementTreeIterator.java:82)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.watson.ElementTreeIterator.doIteration(ElementTreeIterator.java:87)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.watson.ElementTreeIterator.doIteration(ElementTreeIterator.java:87)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.watson.ElementTreeIterator.iterate(ElementTreeIterator.java:129)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Resource.accept(Resource.java:94)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Resource.accept(Resource.java:52)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Resource.accept(Resource.java:117)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Resource.accept(Resource.java:105)
at org.eclipse.xtext.ui.resource.Storage2UriMapperImpl.getAllEntries(Storage2UriMapperImpl.java:169)
at org.eclipse.xtext.ui.resource.Storage2UriMapperJavaImpl.getAllEntries(Storage2UriMapperJavaImpl.java:218)
at org.eclipse.xtext.ui.containers.JavaProjectsStateHelper.initContainedURIs(JavaProjectsStateHelper.java:86)
at org.eclipse.xtext.ui.containers.JavaProjectsState.doInitContainedURIs(JavaProjectsState.java:32)
at org.eclipse.xtext.ui.containers.AbstractAllContainersState.initContainedURIs(AbstractAllContainersState.java:150)
at org.eclipse.xtext.ui.containers.AbstractAllContainersState.isEmpty(AbstractAllContainersState.java:146)
at org.eclipse.xtext.resource.containers.ContainerState.isEmpty(ContainerState.java:35)
at org.eclipse.xtext.resource.containers.StateBasedContainer.isEmpty(StateBasedContainer.java:74)
at org.eclipse.xtext.resource.containers.StateBasedContainerManager.getVisibleContainers(StateBasedContainerManager.java:99)
at org.eclipse.xtext.resource.containers.StateBasedContainerManager.getVisibleContainers(StateBasedContainerManager.java:66)
at org.eclipse.xtext.scoping.impl.DefaultGlobalScopeProvider.getVisibleContainers(DefaultGlobalScopeProvider.java:72)
at org.eclipse.xtext.scoping.impl.DefaultGlobalScopeProvider.getScope(DefaultGlobalScopeProvider.java:49)
at org.eclipse.xtext.scoping.impl.DefaultGlobalScopeProvider.getScope(DefaultGlobalScopeProvider.java:61)
at org.eclipse.xtext.scoping.impl.AbstractGlobalScopeProvider.getScope(AbstractGlobalScopeProvider.java:50)
at org.eclipse.xtext.common.types.xtext.TypesAwareDefaultGlobalScopeProvider.getScope(TypesAwareDefaultGlobalScopeProvider.java:43)
at org.eclipse.xtext.scoping.impl.AbstractGlobalScopeDelegatingScopeProvider.getGlobalScope(AbstractGlobalScopeDelegatingScopeProvider.java:46)
at org.eclipse.xtext.scoping.impl.AbstractGlobalScopeDelegatingScopeProvider.getGlobalScope(AbstractGlobalScopeDelegatingScopeProvider.java:42)
at org.eclipse.xtext.scoping.impl.ImportedNamespaceAwareLocalScopeProvider.getResourceScope(ImportedNamespaceAwareLocalScopeProvider.java:104)
at org.eclipse.xtext.scoping.impl.ImportedNamespaceAwareLocalScopeProvider.getScope(ImportedNamespaceAwareLocalScopeProvider.java:97)
at org.eclipse.xtext.scoping.impl.AbstractDeclarativeScopeProvider.delegateGetScope(AbstractDeclarativeScopeProvider.java:72)
at org.eclipse.xtext.scoping.impl.AbstractDeclarativeScopeProvider.getScope(AbstractDeclarativeScopeProvider.java:104)
at org.eclipse.xtext.linking.impl.DefaultLinkingService.getScope(DefaultLinkingService.java:59)
at org.eclipse.xtext.linking.impl.DefaultLinkingService.getLinkedObjects(DefaultLinkingService.java:120)
at org.eclipse.xtext.linking.lazy.LazyLinkingResource.getEObject(LazyLinkingResource.java:247)
at org.eclipse.xtext.linking.lazy.LazyLinkingResource.getEObject(LazyLinkingResource.java:222)
at org.eclipse.xtext.linking.lazy.LazyLinkingResource.doResolveLazyCrossReference(LazyLinkingResource.java:169)
at org.eclipse.xtext.linking.lazy.LazyLinkingResource.resolveLazyCrossReference(LazyLinkingResource.java:148)
at org.eclipse.xtext.linking.lazy.LazyLinkingResource.resolveLazyCrossReferences(LazyLinkingResource.java:134)
at org.eclipse.xtext.EcoreUtil2.resolveLazyCrossReferences(EcoreUtil2.java:498)
at org.eclipse.xtext.ui.editor.reconciler.XtextDocumentReconcileStrategy.postParse(XtextDocumentReconcileStrategy.java:175)
at org.eclipse.xtext.ui.editor.reconciler.XtextDocumentReconcileStrategy.doReconcile(XtextDocumentReconcileStrategy.java:153)
at org.eclipse.xtext.ui.editor.reconciler.XtextDocumentReconcileStrategy.reconcile(XtextDocumentReconcileStrategy.java:67)
at org.eclipse.xtext.ui.editor.reconciler.XtextReconciler.doRun(XtextReconciler.java:449)
at org.eclipse.xtext.ui.editor.reconciler.XtextReconciler.access$3(XtextReconciler.java:429)
at org.eclipse.xtext.ui.editor.reconciler.XtextReconciler$DocumentListener$1.exec(XtextReconciler.java:133)
at org.eclipse.xtext.ui.editor.reconciler.XtextReconciler$DocumentListener$1.exec(XtextReconciler.java:1)
at org.eclipse.xtext.resource.OutdatedStateManager.exec(OutdatedStateManager.java:91)
at org.eclipse.xtext.ui.editor.model.XtextDocument$XtextDocumentLocker.modify(XtextDocument.java:428)
at org.eclipse.xtext.ui.editor.model.XtextDocument$XtextDocumentLocker.process(XtextDocument.java:337)
at org.eclipse.xtext.ui.editor.reconciler.XtextReconciler$DocumentListener.performNecessaryUpdates(XtextReconciler.java:130)
at org.eclipse.xtext.ui.editor.model.XtextDocument.updateContentBeforeRead(XtextDocument.java:249)
at org.eclipse.xtext.ui.editor.model.XtextDocument$XtextDocumentLocker.internalReadOnly(XtextDocument.java:518)
at org.eclipse.xtext.ui.editor.model.XtextDocument$XtextDocumentLocker.readOnly(XtextDocument.java:492)
at org.eclipse.xtext.ui.editor.model.XtextDocument.readOnly(XtextDocument.java:133)
at org.eclipse.xtext.ui.editor.outline.impl.OutlinePage.initializeTreeContent(OutlinePage.java:147)
at org.eclipse.xtext.ui.editor.outline.impl.OutlinePage.configureTree(OutlinePage.java:128)
at org.eclipse.xtext.ui.editor.outline.impl.OutlinePage.createControl(OutlinePage.java:99)
at org.eclipse.ui.views.contentoutline.ContentOutline.doCreatePage(ContentOutline.java:131)
at org.eclipse.ui.part.PageBookView.createPage(PageBookView.java:385)
at org.eclipse.ui.part.PageBookView.partActivated(PageBookView.java:728)
at org.eclipse.ui.part.PageBookView.showBootstrapPart(PageBookView.java:911)
at org.eclipse.ui.part.PageBookView.createPartControl(PageBookView.java:469)
at org.eclipse.ui.views.contentoutline.ContentOutline.createPartControl(ContentOutline.java:118)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.e4.compatibility.CompatibilityPart.createPartControl(CompatibilityPart.java:151)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.e4.compatibility.CompatibilityView.createPartControl(CompatibilityView.java:147)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.e4.compatibility.CompatibilityPart.create(CompatibilityPart.java:355)
at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.MethodRequestor.execute(MethodRequestor.java:55)
at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.InjectorImpl.processAnnotated(InjectorImpl.java:990)
at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.InjectorImpl.processAnnotated(InjectorImpl.java:955)
at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.InjectorImpl.inject(InjectorImpl.java:124)
at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.InjectorImpl.internalMake(InjectorImpl.java:399)
at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.InjectorImpl.make(InjectorImpl.java:318)
at org.eclipse.e4.core.contexts.ContextInjectionFactory.make(ContextInjectionFactory.java:162)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.ReflectionContributionFactory.createFromBundle(ReflectionContributionFactory.java:105)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.ReflectionContributionFactory.doCreate(ReflectionContributionFactory.java:74)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.ReflectionContributionFactory.create(ReflectionContributionFactory.java:56)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.renderers.swt.ContributedPartRenderer.createWidget(ContributedPartRenderer.java:129)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.createWidget(PartRenderingEngine.java:997)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.safeCreateGui(PartRenderingEngine.java:666)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine$1.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:551)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.SafeRunner.run(SafeRunner.java:42)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.createGui(PartRenderingEngine.java:535)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.renderers.swt.ElementReferenceRenderer.createWidget(ElementReferenceRenderer.java:70)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.createWidget(PartRenderingEngine.java:997)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.safeCreateGui(PartRenderingEngine.java:666)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.safeCreateGui(PartRenderingEngine.java:772)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.access$0(PartRenderingEngine.java:743)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine$2.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:737)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.createGui(PartRenderingEngine.java:721)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.renderers.swt.StackRenderer.showTab(StackRenderer.java:1289)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.renderers.swt.LazyStackRenderer.postProcess(LazyStackRenderer.java:97)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.safeCreateGui(PartRenderingEngine.java:684)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.safeCreateGui(PartRenderingEngine.java:772)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.access$0(PartRenderingEngine.java:743)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine$2.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:737)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.createGui(PartRenderingEngine.java:721)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.renderers.swt.SWTPartRenderer.processContents(SWTPartRenderer.java:69)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.renderers.swt.SashRenderer.processContents(SashRenderer.java:137)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.safeCreateGui(PartRenderingEngine.java:680)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.renderers.swt.SWTPartRenderer.processContents(SWTPartRenderer.java:69)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.renderers.swt.SashRenderer.processContents(SashRenderer.java:137)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.safeCreateGui(PartRenderingEngine.java:680)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.renderers.swt.PerspectiveRenderer.processContents(PerspectiveRenderer.java:49)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.renderers.swt.PerspectiveStackRenderer.showTab(PerspectiveStackRenderer.java:79)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.renderers.swt.LazyStackRenderer.postProcess(LazyStackRenderer.java:97)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.renderers.swt.PerspectiveStackRenderer.postProcess(PerspectiveStackRenderer.java:61)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.safeCreateGui(PartRenderingEngine.java:684)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.renderers.swt.WBWRenderer.processContents(WBWRenderer.java:704)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine$5.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1081)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1044)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.E4Workbench.createAndRunUI(E4Workbench.java:153)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.lambda$3(Workbench.java:680)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:594)
at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:148)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start(IDEApplication.java:151)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:134)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:104)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:388)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:243)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:653)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:590)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1499)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1472)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.eclipse.xtext.xbase.file.AbstractFileSystemSupport cannot be found by org.eclipse.xtext.example.domainmodel.ui_2.8.4.201508041756
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClassInternal(BundleLoader.java:484)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:395)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:387)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.ModuleClassLoader.loadClass(ModuleClassLoader.java:150)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source)
... 226 more
09:58:27.027 [Worker-4] INFO c.g.t.t.d.PublishedGradleVersions - Gradle version information cache is up-to-date. Trying to read.

!ENTRY org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench 2 0 2017-09-05 09:58:27.064
!MESSAGE Removing part descriptor with the 'de.fxdiagram.eclipse.example.FXDiagramViewPart' id and the 'JavaFX Demo View' description. Points to the invalid 'bundleclass://org.eclipse.ui.workbench/org.eclipse.ui.internal.e4.compatibility.CompatibilityView' class.

Thanks,
Suprith
Re: FX Diagram Option breaks on hover. [message #1772073 is a reply to message #1772066] Tue, 05 September 2017 09:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You still use the 284 example . Please share a screenshot of package explorer

Re: FX Diagram Option breaks on hover. [message #1772074 is a reply to message #1772073] Tue, 05 September 2017 09:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello,
PFA the package explorer screen shot. Yes I am still using the 2.8.4 example
  • Attachment: view1.PNG
    (Size: 172.71KB, Downloaded 141 times)

[Updated on: Tue, 05 September 2017 09:36]

Report message to a moderator

Re: FX Diagram Option breaks on hover. [message #1772081 is a reply to message #1772073] Tue, 05 September 2017 11:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello,
I have a second screen shot where I can see the FX view for the DSL project itself. But I want to have a graphical view for the DSL and not the packages.

I am getting issues when I I try view in fx after running the statemachine DSL using a run time eclipse and then creating a java project and then creating a .statemachine file with the respective dsl sample given with all the command, events etc.

Please let me know If I have missed out on something in trying this example.
  • Attachment: view2.PNG
    (Size: 129.09KB, Downloaded 98 times)
Re: FX Diagram Option breaks on hover. [message #1772083 is a reply to message #1772081] Tue, 05 September 2017 11:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i mean the "development eclipse" - the one you start the runtime eclipse from.
i dont see Xtext Domain-Model Example

Re: FX Diagram Option breaks on hover. [message #1772086 is a reply to message #1772083] Tue, 05 September 2017 11:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi, Pfa the attached screen shots of both the runtime and the development eclipse. I have the statemachine and domain model examples. imported. I have filled in the .statemachine file but the .dmodel file is empty. Please assist me further.

Thanks,
Suprith
  • Attachment: view3.PNG
    (Size: 150.79KB, Downloaded 104 times)
  • Attachment: view4.PNG
    (Size: 216.22KB, Downloaded 116 times)

[Updated on: Tue, 05 September 2017 11:50]

Re: FX Diagram Option breaks on hover. [message #1772108 is a reply to message #1772086] Tue, 05 September 2017 15:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Looks good now
Did you change launch of runtime as well
(Run run configurations ... menu )
On the tab with jvm args

Re: FX Diagram Option breaks on hover. [message #1772156 is a reply to message #1772108] Wed, 06 September 2017 07:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PFA the screen shots of the run configurations with the vm arguments.

Also I think there is no dependency between the domain model grammar and the statemachine grammar. Is it necessary that both need to be imported. Although I have both running as grammars and text editors for dl for me I need the graphical view for this code of the .statemachine file.

events
doorClosed D1CL
drawOpened D2OP
lightOn L1ON
doorOpened D1OP
panelClosed PNCL
end

resetEvents
doorClosed
end

commands
unlockPanel PNUL
lockPanel PNLK
lockDoor D1LK
unlockDoor D1UL
end

state idle
actions {unlockDoor lockPanel}
doorClosed => active
end

state active
drawOpened => waitingForLight
lightOn => waitingForDraw
end

state waitingForLight
lightOn => unlockedPanel
end

state waitingForDraw
drawOpened => unlockedPanel
end

state unlockedPanel
actions {unlockPanel lockDoor}
panelClosed => idle
end

I would like to see this dsl in the form of the graphical view. Which I am unable to see as some part of it is breaking and no error is found. Please see if there is any configuration errors in the two screenshots attached.

• Attachment: view5.PNG
    (Size: 111.84KB, Downloaded 149 times)
  • Attachment: view6.PNG
    (Size: 126.16KB, Downloaded 129 times)
Re: FX Diagram Option breaks on hover. [message #1772159 is a reply to message #1772156] Wed, 06 September 2017 08:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my problem is that i cannot reproduce your problem

Re: FX Diagram Option breaks on hover. [message #1772175 is a reply to message #1772159] Wed, 06 September 2017 11:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,
Can you please send me the screen shot of the development eclipse with the runtime configurations screenshots main, arguments tabs.

If that also doesnt work I kindly request you to share the project workspace.

I have taken this technology to build a tool for my masters thesis. So I would be in a bad state if I cannot resolve this. Please zip the workspace if possible.

Also please tell me the xtext version you are using.

Thanks,
Suprith

[Updated on: Wed, 06 September 2017 11:06]

Re: FX Diagram Option breaks on hover. [message #1772178 is a reply to message #1772175] Wed, 06 September 2017 11:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
did not customize argument. here is the dev

Re: FX Diagram Option breaks on hover. [message #1772179 is a reply to message #1772178] Wed, 06 September 2017 11:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I see everything is same , I dont find any change. may I have issue with my eclipse. I will reinstall everything and check again. It would be great if you tell me the java version and the xtext versions used
Re: FX Diagram Option breaks on hover. [message #1772181 is a reply to message #1772179] Wed, 06 September 2017 12:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
xtext 2.12 and java 8 and eclipse oxygen

Re: FX Diagram Option breaks on hover. [message #1772184 is a reply to message #1772181] Wed, 06 September 2017 12:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thnak you. Will surely try and get back
Re: FX Diagram Option breaks on hover. [message #1772222 is a reply to message #1772184] Wed, 06 September 2017 21:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've added the examples to the update-site, so you should now be able to just install FXDiagram including the Eclipse examples directly into your Eclipse from the FXDiagram update site. I tested it with a new, bare Eclipse for Eclipse Committers with Java 1.8.0_111 on Mac and it worked out of the box. No more compilation, domainmodel/fowlerdsl plug-in instantiation, start of a new runtime Eclipse necessary, just import the project with the example models into your workspace as described on the website and have fun.

---
Re: FX Diagram Option breaks on hover. [message #1772267 is a reply to message #1772222] Thu, 07 September 2017 09:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I tried two ways of running this example.

In a new version of eclipse installed xtext 2.12 then installed the fxdiagram provided from your site. Then file>new>Example>statemachine and domain model projects.
Then did runtime eclipse with the vm arguments provided by you and then imported the example project from your update site. Then did a show as fx diagram which is still breaking.

Then the second one is directly in an eclipse with xtext 2.12 installed your fxdiagram and then imported the example project and tried to do show in fx diagram.

For both the cases this option is breaking. I am using jre 1.8 update 144. xtext 2.12 and graphviz latest update.
on windows 7pc.

Is this an issue with my pc is the doubt. As I have tried this so many times now.
Re: FX Diagram Option breaks on hover. [message #1772276 is a reply to message #1772267] Thu, 07 September 2017 12:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The second is the easier way and should work.

I don't have access to a windows 7 machine. I tried on a win10 VM and it worked like a charm.

Anything suspicious in the log? The exceptions you posted so far are either unrelated or should have gone.

---
Re: FX Diagram Option breaks on hover. [message #1772280 is a reply to message #1772276] Thu, 07 September 2017 12:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I find no errors in the log. I will also try in a windows 10 pc and let you know.

Thanks,
Suprith
Re: FX Diagram Option breaks on hover. [message #1772333 is a reply to message #1772276] Fri, 08 September 2017 08:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,
I have started everything from scratch and imported the examples in eclipse.
Now I have issue with xtext builder.

Errors occurred during the build.
Errors running builder 'Xtext Project Builder' on project 'examples'.
loader constraint violation in interface itable initialization: when resolving method "org.eclipse.xtend.core.jvmmodel.XtendJvmModelInferrer$2.accept(Lorg/eclipse/xtext/common/types/JvmDeclaredType;Lorg/eclipse/xtext/xbase/lib/Procedures$Procedure1;)V" the class loader (instance of org/eclipse/osgi/internal/loader/EquinoxClassLoader) of the current class, org/eclipse/xtend/core/jvmmodel/XtendJvmModelInferrer$2, and the class loader (instance of org/eclipse/osgi/internal/loader/EquinoxClassLoader) for interface org/eclipse/xtext/xbase/jvmmodel/IJvmDeclaredTypeAcceptor have different Class objects for the type org/eclipse/xtext/xbase/lib/Procedures$Procedure1 used in the signature

This is the error.
Re: FX Diagram Option breaks on hover. [message #1772334 is a reply to message #1772333] Fri, 08 September 2017 08:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
in which order do you do the stuff. i do

install eclipse
install xtext
install fxeclipse

Re: FX Diagram Option breaks on hover. [message #1772343 is a reply to message #1772334] Fri, 08 September 2017 09:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes the same order :)
Re: FX Diagram Option breaks on hover. [message #1772344 is a reply to message #1772343] Fri, 08 September 2017 09:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmmmm i am rather clueless

Re: FX Diagram Option breaks on hover. [message #1772348 is a reply to message #1772344] Fri, 08 September 2017 10:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I haven't even installed Xtext as it is automatically fetched with FXDiagram's examples

---
Re: FX Diagram Option breaks on hover. [message #1772352 is a reply to message #1772348] Fri, 08 September 2017 10:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have fetched the exception from the logs.

ENTRY org.eclipse.core.resources 4 75 2017-09-08 11:47:13.350
!MESSAGE Errors occurred during the build.
!SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.xtext.ui.shared 4 75 2017-09-08 11:47:13.350
!MESSAGE Errors running builder 'Xtext Project Builder' on project 'examples'.
!STACK 0
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.eclipse.xtend2.lib.StringConcatenation.append(Ljava/lang/String;)V
at org.eclipse.xtext.example.fowlerdsl.generator.StatemachineGenerator.toJavaCode(StatemachineGenerator.java:45)
at org.eclipse.xtext.example.fowlerdsl.generator.StatemachineGenerator.doGenerate(StatemachineGenerator.java:35)
at org.eclipse.xtext.generator.GeneratorDelegate.doGenerate(GeneratorDelegate.java:43)
at org.eclipse.xtext.generator.GeneratorDelegate.generate(GeneratorDelegate.java:34)
at org.eclipse.xtext.builder.BuilderParticipant.handleChangedContents(BuilderParticipant.java:564)
at org.eclipse.xtext.builder.BuilderParticipant.handleChangedContents(BuilderParticipant.java:549)
at org.eclipse.xtext.builder.BuilderParticipant.doGenerate(BuilderParticipant.java:534)
at org.eclipse.xtext.builder.BuilderParticipant.doBuild(BuilderParticipant.java:280)
at org.eclipse.xtext.builder.BuilderParticipant.build(BuilderParticipant.java:238)
at org.eclipse.xtext.builder.impl.RegistryBuilderParticipant$DeferredBuilderParticipant.build(RegistryBuilderParticipant.java:161)
at org.eclipse.xtext.builder.impl.RegistryBuilderParticipant.build(RegistryBuilderParticipant.java:69)
at org.eclipse.xtext.builder.impl.XtextBuilder.doBuild(XtextBuilder.java:291)
at org.eclipse.xtext.builder.impl.XtextBuilder.fullBuild(XtextBuilder.java:319)
at org.eclipse.xtext.builder.impl.XtextBuilder.build(XtextBuilder.java:155)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager$2.run(BuildManager.java:735)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.basicBuild(BuildManager.java:206)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.basicBuild(BuildManager.java:246)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager$1.run(BuildManager.java:301)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.basicBuild(BuildManager.java:304)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.basicBuildLoop(BuildManager.java:360)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.build(BuildManager.java:383)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.AutoBuildJob.doBuild(AutoBuildJob.java:142)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.AutoBuildJob.run(AutoBuildJob.java:232)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:56)

Can you interpret any similar issue?. Also I am using windows 7 . I guess you are using a Mac machine.

Re: FX Diagram Option breaks on hover. [message #1772353 is a reply to message #1772348] Fri, 08 September 2017 10:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There are few discussions on the issue
https://github.com/eclipse/xtext-xtend/issues/122

can you let me know if its the issue with xtext??
Re: FX Diagram Option breaks on hover. [message #1772355 is a reply to message #1772353] Fri, 08 September 2017 10:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if you use xtext 2.12 and xtext 2.12 only then this should be no issue.
can you have a look which versions are inside your eclipse

Re: FX Diagram Option breaks on hover. [message #1772356 is a reply to message #1772355] Fri, 08 September 2017 11:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am using xtext 2.12 only i have checked. PFA the screen shots of the installed and the error.
  • Attachment: view7.PNG
    (Size: 20.77KB, Downloaded 95 times)
  • Attachment: view8.PNG
    (Size: 48.94KB, Downloaded 114 times)
Re: FX Diagram Option breaks on hover. [message #1772357 is a reply to message #1772356] Fri, 08 September 2017 11:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
and what are the installed plugins?

Re: FX Diagram Option breaks on hover. [message #1772359 is a reply to message #1772357] Fri, 08 September 2017 11:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PFA the screen shot of the required plugins and also the manifest file
  • Attachment: view9.PNG
    (Size: 174.14KB, Downloaded 124 times)
  • Attachment: view10.PNG
    (Size: 173.19KB, Downloaded 108 times)
Re: FX Diagram Option breaks on hover. [message #1772360 is a reply to message #1772359] Fri, 08 September 2017 11:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no i mean the ones in the about dialog

Re: FX Diagram Option breaks on hover. [message #1772362 is a reply to message #1772360] Fri, 08 September 2017 11:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PFA of the screenshots of the installed xtext plugins in the About section of eclipse

Here are some more entries and also the fx diagram
  • Attachment: view11.PNG
    (Size: 94.79KB, Downloaded 98 times)
  • Attachment: view12.PNG
    (Size: 62.95KB, Downloaded 96 times)
  • Attachment: view13.PNG
    (Size: 40.65KB, Downloaded 101 times)
  • Attachment: view14.PNG
    (Size: 25.78KB, Downloaded 98 times)
  • Attachment: view15.PNG
    (Size: 59.94KB, Downloaded 97 times)

[Updated on: Fri, 08 September 2017 11:25]

Re: FX Diagram Option breaks on hover. [message #1772366 is a reply to message #1772362] Fri, 08 September 2017 11:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
there are xtext/xtend 2.10 stuff. i dont have that

Re: FX Diagram Option breaks on hover. [message #1772369 is a reply to message #1772366] Fri, 08 September 2017 11:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I get that as a part of the fxdiagram update site. Let me retry deleting everything. :(

Please have a look at this link.

http://download.eclipse.org/modeling/tmf/xtext/updates/composite/releases/

This is the xtext update site link from the main website. This installs the mixture of both xtext 2.12 and 2.10.

I am using the link provided.

I will now try with this link

http://download.eclipse.org/modeling/tmf/xtext/updates/releases/2.12.0/

[Updated on: Fri, 08 September 2017 11:52]

Re: FX Diagram Option breaks on hover. [message #1772371 is a reply to message #1772366] Fri, 08 September 2017 12:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I did it completely again just the eclipse install the xtext 2.12 and then fx diagram.

But now I dont see the show in fxdiagram option at all.
I have no build errors, and no compilation errors also.

Re: FX Diagram Option breaks on hover. [message #1772372 is a reply to message #1772371] Fri, 08 September 2017 12:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have no idea.

you can use the "host osgi console" view to see if the plugins get started.
but i feel i cannot explain your what exaclty to to.
you can open console view
open there a host osgi console using the arrow
inside the host osgi console you can type 'ss fx'
you get a list of plugins with id and name
you can try to start them using `start <number>`
see if you get any errors

Re: FX Diagram Option breaks on hover. [message #1772374 is a reply to message #1772372] Fri, 08 September 2017 12:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for the assistance. I will try resolving it and get back if I find something new.

Re: FX Diagram Option breaks on hover. [message #1772848 is a reply to message #1772374] Sun, 17 September 2017 09:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello ,

I have tried the fresh installation of everything on a new windows 10 machine.

The following warning is present and the plugin is hence breaking on hover.

Warning:
No required execution environment has been set
Resource:MANIFEST.MF
Path:/examples/META-INF
Location Type:line 1
Plug-in Problem

If i add the entry of Java se 1.8 in the manifest still i have the same error
I kindly request you to check this issue on a windows machine.

Thanks,
Suprith S

Re: FX Diagram Option breaks on hover. [message #1772879 is a reply to message #1772848] Mon, 18 September 2017 09:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sounds like your runtime workspace is broken. Please set the JDK in the Preferences > Installed JRE

---
Re: FX Diagram Option breaks on hover. [message #1773021 is a reply to message #1772879] Wed, 20 September 2017 09:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,
My jdk is proper in the installed Jre. PFA the screenshot.

Thanks,
Suprith

• Attachment: view15.PNG
    (Size: 65.97KB, Downloaded 90 times)
Re: FX Diagram Option breaks on hover. [message #1773734 is a reply to message #1772879] Tue, 03 October 2017 19:50 Go to previous message
I tried a whole lot of alternatives and still ended up with the same thing on a windows machine. I am not able to find this issue. I will try replicating this issue in a mac machine.

Thanks,
Suprith
Previous Topic:exception from generator
Next Topic:Important: Xtext and Oxygen 1a
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 12:42:31 GMT 2024