Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » e(fx)clipse » Recommended way to add Persistence to an e(fx)clipse application?
Recommended way to add Persistence to an e(fx)clipse application? [message #1771708] Tue, 29 August 2017 17:54 Go to next message
Marcelo Ruiz is currently offline Marcelo RuizFriend
Hi community,

I am exploring the different options to provide persistence to an e(fx)clipse application. I would like to use JPA 2.1+ and after some research I found a few alternatives:

• gemini
  • aries + openjpa
  • aries + hibernate
  • aries + eclipselink
  • eclipselink

I have used eclipselink in the past in some JavaSE applications, so I feel inclined to use it (which might not be a good thing). According to what I read, gemini is limited to Equinox, and even though it seems to be the recommended way to go (at least that is what I found in the eclispe website), I am not sure that would be the best approach. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Re: Recommended way to add Persistence to an e(fx)clipse application? [message #1771728 is a reply to message #1771708] Tue, 29 August 2017 23:36 Go to previous message
Thomas Schindl is currently offline Thomas SchindlFriend
What persistence is the best always depends on your needs. It looks like you are using a 2-tier arch there we use EMF-XMI if the dataset is not too big, if you want a relational db we also used plain-hibernate. For 3-tier archs we use CDO, EJB, REST, SOAP, gRPC, ...
Previous Topic:JavaFX E4 Application is stuck in MacApplication._runloop() when launched from developer Eclipse
Next Topic:Isn't it time to create a reference e(fx)clipse project from scratch?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 04:10:06 GMT 2024