Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Unable to build project(Toolchain issues)
Unable to build project [message #1771691] Tue, 29 August 2017 14:24 Go to next message
Olivier Laurendin is currently offline Olivier LaurendinFriend
Hi,

I've just imported a project and I'm having a lot of issues with it. When I tried to build it, a message appeared saying that there was nothing to build. I figured out that the toolchain and builder used are different than the ones I have downloaded (It used to be Ac6 STM32 MCU GCC and GNU make builder, both were designated as "orphaned" in the toolchain editor tab).

index.php/fa/30529/0/

I tried to change these to ARM Cross GCC and Gnu Make builder but I only ended up with this error in the console :

15:22:01 **** Incremental Build of configuration Debug for project project1 ****
make all
Building file: ../Src/A_com_cartes.c
Invoking: GNU ARM Cross C Compiler
arm-none-eabi-gcc -mcpu=cortex-m3 -mthumb -O2 -g -std=gnu11 -MMD -MP -MF"Src/A_com_cartes.d" -MT"Src/A_com_cartes.o" -c -o "Src/A_com_cartes.o" "../Src/A_com_cartes.c"
../Src/A_com_cartes.c:9:26: fatal error: A_com_cartes.h: No such file or directory
Src/subdir.mk:84: recipe for target 'Src/A_com_cartes.o' failed
compilation terminated.
make: *** [Src/A_com_cartes.o] Error 1

15:22:02 Build Finished (took 924ms)

And here's what is shown in the problems tab :

index.php/fa/30530/0/

I'm on Windows 10, working with Eclipse Neon.3 Release (4.6.3)
Java : jdk1.8.0_144
GNU MCU Eclipse 4.1.1 (GCC 5.4)
System Workbench for STM32

I have no idea what's going on, does anyone know how to solve this issue?

Thanks
  • Attachment: error2.png
    (Size: 98.53KB, Downloaded 8557 times)
  • Attachment: error3.png
    (Size: 24.33KB, Downloaded 8305 times)
Re: Unable to build project [message #1771897 is a reply to message #1771691] Thu, 31 August 2017 20:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
amine cheriti is currently offline amine cheritiFriend
Hey buddy, Im not quite sure to understand why you have this problem but I was able to cross compile for an arm processor by following this procedure :
go on google and type : " Jan axelson using eclipse to cross-compile" . Click on the first link and then go to step 3. I followed these exact steps and everything worked well.
Hope this helps.
Re: Unable to build project [message #1771981 is a reply to message #1771897] Sat, 02 September 2017 10:42 Go to previous message
Olivier Laurendin is currently offline Olivier LaurendinFriend
Thank you for your help, but the problem did not lie in the installation process but in the toolchain used instead.
Indeed, I posted the same question on the OpenSTM32 forum and they solved my issue.

Here's the link for those who face the same issue than me :
http://www.openstm32.org/tiki-view_forum_thread.php?forumId=7&comments_parentId=5650&thread_sort_mode=commentDate_asc#comments

Anyway, thank you for your time and attention!

Best regards,
Olivier Laurendin
Previous Topic:GDB debug very slow with big variables
Next Topic:Rpath on Windows
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 22:44:47 GMT 2024