Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » GEF » Edges with common Start Point(GEF4 Edges with common Start Point)
Edges with common Start Point [message #1771613] Mon, 28 August 2017 16:00 Go to next message
Vlad Buzea is currently offline Vlad BuzeaFriend
Hi,

In my GEF4 application I need to have several Edges come out of the same point (Something like a Port -- the port is just an edge source decoration). Additionally, the edges must move together when the port is dragged(i.e. one can drag the start point of the edges on the boundary of the node and they remain connected at all time). The solution I have implemented so far is to extend the NodePartAnchorProvider class such that it returns the same IAnchor instance (StaticAnchor) for all edges with the same source port. This solution works, but is a bit laggish when it comes to self-edges. Is there a better solution for this problem?

[Updated on: Wed, 30 August 2017 07:45]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Edges with common Start Point [message #1772112 is a reply to message #1771613] Tue, 05 September 2017 16:09 Go to previous message
Matthias Wienand is currently offline Matthias WienandFriend
Hi Vlad,

I believe you could rather use DynamicAnchor with a custom IComputationStrategy that takes the source port as an anchored parameter, and its position as an anchorage parameter. Then, you could update the port position when an edge is dragged. All positions will automatically be recomputed.

However, this is a difficult question, and I am not sure if I correctly understand the situation, yet. It would be great if you could go into more detail w.r.t. interaction and behaviour.

Best regards,
Matthias
Previous Topic:[GEF5] How to determine on which VisualPart DragAndDrop gesture is ended?
Next Topic:Moving Diagram with Mouse
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 21:28:47 GMT 2024