Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF "Technology" (Ecore Tools, EMFatic, etc)  » [EMF Forms] Reference Selection Popup Behaviour Curious
[EMF Forms] Reference Selection Popup Behaviour Curious [message #1771521] Sat, 26 August 2017 16:02 Go to next message
Robert Breunung is currently offline Robert BreunungFriend
I'm trying a minimal setup for a Eclipse Forms application but I can't figure out, why I get different behaviour from "Control", "Table Control" and "Tree Master Detail". In Control my idea is working, in the other two not. But from beginning.

I have two plugin projects in Eclipse. One contains an model.ecore. The other contains the model.view file. I use only Preview functionality of the .view to see results.

Model:
Package
|- RootObject
||- reference(containing) Object1
||- reference(containing) abstract Object 2
|
|- Object 1
||- String name
||- reference Object 2
|
|- abstract Object 2
|- Object 21 extends Object 2
|- Object 22 extends Object 2

Good Case:
The View of my Form references to the root object. The Control inside the view references to the Object 1 reference. In this scenario I can use in preview the add button, create new instances of Object 1 and via the Reference to Object 2 I can select whether to reference to an existing one or create a new Object 21 or 22. Everything works perfectly as expected.

Bad Case:
To get an easier overview I created a Table Control. The name of Object 1 showed up out of the box and was working fine. The reference to Object 2 did show up after I created the column manually. In the preview of the form I was able to use the (+) button to create new Objects 2 but the reference to an existing Object 2 did not work.

Same behaviour with master detail view.

Do you have any idea why this might happen?
Re: [EMF Forms] Reference Selection Popup Behaviour Curious [message #1771605 is a reply to message #1771521] Mon, 28 August 2017 14:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Johannes Faltermeier is currently offline Johannes FaltermeierFriend

Hi,

the main focus of the table control is editing attributes. This is why we did not generate a column for the object 2 reference out of the box. Also the cell editor for such references has limited support for editing. Currently the org.eclipse.emf.ecp.edit.internal.swt.reference.LinkCellEditor is used, which basically just shows a read only string. This may be replaced of course.

Regarding referencing an existing Object 2 not working: This might be a bug. Could you kindly check if you get any log messages in the Error Log (Windows -> Show View -> Error Log) when trying to select an existing Object?

Regards
Johannes

Johannes Faltermeier

Get professional Eclipse developer support:
http://eclipsesource.com/en/services/developer-support/
Re: [EMF Forms] Reference Selection Popup Behaviour Curious [message #1771607 is a reply to message #1771521] Mon, 28 August 2017 15:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Johannes Faltermeier is currently offline Johannes FaltermeierFriend

Hi,

the main focus of the table control is editing attributes. This is why we did not generate a column for the object 2 reference out of the box. Also the cell editor for such references has limited support for editing. Currently the org.eclipse.emf.ecp.edit.internal.swt.reference.LinkCellEditor is used, which basically just shows a read only string.

Regarding referencing an existing Object 2 not working: This might be a bug. Could you kindly check if you get any log messages in the Error Log (Windows -> Show View -> Error Log)?

Regards
Johannes

Johannes Faltermeier

Re: [EMF Forms] Reference Selection Popup Behaviour Curious [message #1771628 is a reply to message #1771607] Mon, 28 August 2017 20:53 Go to previous message
Jonas Helming is currently offline Jonas HelmingFriend
Hi,

please note, that you can add you own Cell Editor to add this behavior. In case are interested in a contribution or in sponsoring this, please let us know.

Best regards,
Jonas

--
Jonas Helming

--
Jonas Helming
Previous Topic:Install EEF 2.0.0
Next Topic:[EMF Forms] Performance Issues with Master-Detail controls (Tree and Table)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 23:59:07 GMT 2024