Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » How do I Change the Default Settings on Eclipse(How do I Change the Default Settings on Eclipse)
How do I Change the Default Settings on Eclipse [message #1771416] Thu, 24 August 2017 21:52 Go to next message
Faisal Tariq is currently offline Faisal TariqFriend
Hello,

I want to change the Default settings on the Eclipse, so that the user does not have to mess around with the settings when creating a project. I am particularly interested in Project->Properties.

There must/should be a file somewhere that houses all the default information, that I can modify and make permanent for later use and make part of Eclipse Installation.

Thanks

Faisal
Re: How do I Change the Default Settings on Eclipse [message #1771516 is a reply to message #1771416] Sat, 26 August 2017 05:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
There is not a single file with all the default settings. In fact many default settings are created programmatically by plug-ins as they initialize. Your best bet is to learn how to use Oomph so you can create your own specialized installation and/or workspace with all the preferences set the way you want them. But the context of your question isn't so clear. Will each user create their own installation or do they use a shared installation? Are these users working on specific projects together? In this case, an Oomph Project setup would be ideal for setting up a workspace designed specifically for working on those projects. For example, the Eclipse Platform project has this documentation for how to set up the development environment using Oomph: https://wiki.eclipse.org/Platform_UI/How_to_Contribute#Setting_up_your_SDK_for_code_contributions

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Re: How do I Change the Default Settings on Eclipse [message #1771706 is a reply to message #1771516] Tue, 29 August 2017 17:18 Go to previous message
Faisal Tariq is currently offline Faisal TariqFriend
Thanks, Oomph looks like the solution to my problems. Much appreciated.
Previous Topic:Could not find JRE executable
Next Topic:[solved] how to open a 'project' view in a debug perspective
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 22:46:58 GMT 2024