Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Target Communication Framework » TCF configuration dialogue help ?(TCF )
TCF configuration dialogue help ? [message #1771396] Thu, 24 August 2017 16:09 Go to next message
Anne Creek is currently offline Anne CreekFriend
I am trying to make some sense in configuring TCF
Apprently it can be use in run or debug mode.
I am unable to find anything to tell me what are all the entries in the TCF dialog.
It appears this dialog lets me use or build som kind of common configuration
under "Buidl Configuration"
Anybody used that option ?
I am just about to just select each one of the four available and "look and see".
  • Attachment: TCF_1.pdf
    (Size: 251.52KB, Downloaded 105 times)
Re: TCF configuration dialogue help ? [message #1771676 is a reply to message #1771396] Tue, 29 August 2017 13:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Didier Brachet is currently offline Didier BrachetFriend
Quote:
I am trying to make some sense in configuring TCF
Apprently it can be use in run or debug mode.
I am unable to find anything to tell me what are all the entries in the TCF dialog.
It appears this dialog lets me use or build som kind of common configuration
under "Buidl Configuration"
Anybody used that option ?
I am just about to just select each one of the four available and "look and see".

Options under this dialog are not TCF specific but they are instead used widely in Eclipse. I don't know where documentation about this can be found but if you want to find this you should not look into TCF documentation but instead into CDT/Eclipse documentation.

I personally use this if I want to automatically build either my full workspace or a specific project every time I want to debug/run my application.
Re: TCF configuration dialogue help ? [message #1771722 is a reply to message #1771676] Tue, 29 August 2017 21:23 Go to previous message
Anne Creek is currently offline Anne CreekFriend
It sure looks as using TCF dialog configuration overrides the Project Configuration as long as the dialog is also used to "Run".

However the "Use active " seems to select Project Configuration which uses therm "active".
The " ..automatic.." is a mystery.

The whole TCF dialog needs some real help - F1 type - tool tips etc. but since it seems to be not used it may never get it.
What I have seen so far TCF has few nice overview documents but the implementation , specially debugging is lacking.
Previous Topic:TCF part 2
Next Topic:TCF Agent Hello world
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 10:47:33 GMT 2024