Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Plugin Development Environment (PDE) » Using target definition in headless pde build?
Using target definition in headless pde build? [message #1771366] Thu, 24 August 2017 11:45 Go to next message
Jürgen Weinberger is currently offline Jürgen WeinbergerFriend
Hi!

We are using a target definition file while developing in our ide which is a nice flexible way to handle the target platform. On the other hand we also have a nightly build (via headless pde and jenkins) and there we have to make sure that everything is copied in a temporary folder manually. This manual copy step is a error source which we want to eliminate.

So I was wondering if it is possible to also use the .target file in the pde build directly? If not, is there a convinient way (build step) where all entries of a .target file get copied/merged into one folder?

I found an ant-task: pde.provisionTargetDefinition in the org.eclipse.pde.core but don't know how to use or integrate it in our build.

Btw. unfortunately moving to tycho is not an option.

Hope someone can give some direction or hint how to handle this. I think that this is a common problem and just wanted to ask if there is a common solution before i write my own .target parser :)

Thanks in advance and
best regards Jürgen Weinberger

[Updated on: Thu, 24 August 2017 12:13]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Using target definition in headless pde build? [message #1779070 is a reply to message #1771366] Mon, 01 January 2018 23:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Moritz Aleithe is currently offline Moritz AleitheFriend
For anyone looking for a solution for this: since 3.8 there is a pde Task to create a Directory Based tp. The *.target File itself sadly cannot be used directly

[Updated on: Mon, 01 January 2018 23:55]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Using target definition in headless pde build? [message #1779071 is a reply to message #1779070] Mon, 01 January 2018 23:51 Go to previous message
Moritz Aleithe is currently offline Moritz AleitheFriend
Check this out: https://wagenknecht.org/blog/archives/2012/01/use-target-definition-files-in-pde-build.html
Previous Topic:Can another Plugin be triggered after creating a new project
Next Topic:MacOS and Launching a new Eclipse Application
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 06:03:34 GMT 2024