Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Gendoc » CleanAndFormat() does not work as expected
CleanAndFormat() does not work as expected [message #1771352] Thu, 24 August 2017 10:13 Go to next message
Yves BERNARD is currently offline Yves BERNARDFriend
CleanAndFormat() actually preserves the text formatting (i.e. line breaks, tabs, ...) but it does not deals correctly with characters which are reserved by XML (e.g. ">" or "&").

Clean() deals properly with them but looses all the formatting (remember that this was the reason why I asked for that CleanAndFormat() capability...)

I 'm pretty sure we had a version where it was working properly (Airbus paid for it!) in Dec 2015, so it looks like a regression to me.

Yves
Re: CleanAndFormat() does not work as expected [message #1775560 is a reply to message #1771352] Wed, 01 November 2017 09:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Antonio Campesino is currently offline Antonio CampesinoFriend
Hi,

This issue is the same that is described in the bugzilla: Bug 477381 - [GenDoc] cleanAndFormat produces xml-encoded characters.

I fixed, and there is a pending change in Gerrit to be reviewed.

Meantime, until the patch is merge into the master, you can use this repository:

https://hudson.eclipse.org/gendoc/job/Gendoc-with-patches/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/repository/

Regards,
Antonio

Re: CleanAndFormat() does not work as expected [message #1775604 is a reply to message #1775560] Thu, 02 November 2017 07:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Very good!

I'll try it asap. Thank you Antonio!

Yves
Re: CleanAndFormat() does not work as expected [message #1775607 is a reply to message #1775560] Thu, 02 November 2017 07:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I get the following error with Papyrus on Eclipse Neon:
No service registered under 'interface org.eclipse.papyrus.infra.ui.editor.IMultiDiagramEditor'

Do I need to use the Papyrus version from Oxygen?

Yves
Re: CleanAndFormat() does not work as expected [message #1775615 is a reply to message #1775607] Thu, 02 November 2017 08:52 Go to previous message
Antonio Campesino is currently offline Antonio CampesinoFriend
Hi,

No, it should work for both.
You get that as a Gendoc error or you get it as an exception in the logs?
Are you launching from eclipse or headless?

I know some exceptions are catched and handle in the GMF/papyrus code, but are send to the logs anyway.

/Antonio

Previous Topic:newline before richtext
Next Topic:Command line
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 05:04:33 GMT 2024