Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Remote Application Platform (RAP) » Shell widget: minimize button in titlebar(why does a minimized shell disappear?)
Shell widget: minimize button in titlebar [message #1771254] Wed, 23 August 2017 11:45 Go to next message
Julia Kurde is currently offline Julia KurdeFriend
Hi,

How can I restore a minimized window in RAP?

Creating a shell like this
Shell shell = new Shell(Display.getDefault(), SWT.SHELL_TRIM);
shell.open();

makes a shell window visible. But clicking the minimize button makes the window disappear and there is no way to get it back. Where did it go?

Is there a way to keep this window accessible for the user?

For example by overwriting a minimize() method to just make the size of the window small? But I could not find any such method in class Shell or class Window.

Julia
Re: Shell widget: minimize button in titlebar [message #1771310 is a reply to message #1771254] Wed, 23 August 2017 21:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chris Fairhall is currently offline Chris FairhallFriend
RAP doesn't have a taskbar like Windows. There's nothing stopping you implementing one though. You can programmatically iterate through all shells with Display#getShells

Unless your goal is to replicate a desktop inside a single browser tab, I don't see the value in a minimize button.
Re: Shell widget: minimize button in titlebar [message #1771359 is a reply to message #1771310] Thu, 24 August 2017 11:04 Go to previous message
Julia Kurde is currently offline Julia KurdeFriend
Hi Chris,

I don't want to replicate a whole desktop, but our RAP application is a replicate of a desktop application. Some actions open windows that the user can move to the side or minimize if they are not needed at the moment.
It's just confusing if there is this minimize button, which makes the window invisible.

Since there is also no iconify event that I could react on and just set the shell size to its minimum while keeping the window visible, I finally made the following workaround.

I made the actions, which open windows to drop down actions showing all opened shells in there menu. So the user can reopen them via the menu.
Previous Topic:Shell widget: minimize button in titlebar
Next Topic:Session timeout in RAP seems not working
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 04:52:12 GMT 2024