Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Changing Project Name(Changing Project Name)
Changing Project Name [message #1771101] Mon, 21 August 2017 22:56 Go to next message
Faisal Tariq is currently offline Faisal TariqFriend
Hello,

Is there a way to programmatically change the Project Name in the Java Code or the template? In other words, the user may type in a particular project name, but based on internal decision (inside the Java code) the project name gets modified or changed all together, such that what shows up on the Project Explorer is the modified or changed name.

Thank you.
Re: Changing Project Name [message #1771169 is a reply to message #1771101] Tue, 22 August 2017 15:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jonah Graham is currently offline Jonah GrahamFriend
No, I think it is too late once the template is created. You need to hook in earlier in the wizard, not sure where exactly though. The wizard does do validation on the name somewhere so you could change that?
Re: Changing Project Name [message #1771273 is a reply to message #1771169] Wed, 23 August 2017 15:31 Go to previous message
Faisal Tariq is currently offline Faisal TariqFriend
Thanks Jonah, you are correct. Fortunately, I was able to take a different route to solve my issue. Your guidance and answers have helped me tremendously and if nothing, kept me moving in the "Right" direction. It is much appreciated.
Previous Topic:Can't install my plugin
Next Topic:Project->properties settings
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 11:13:08 GMT 2024