Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Eclipse updates frequently fail :-(
Eclipse updates frequently fail :-( [message #1770962] Sat, 19 August 2017 22:30 Go to next message
Michael Moser is currently offline Michael MoserFriend
One of the more frustrating user experiences in Eclipse is that I regularly - when starting Eclipse - get hints that updates are available but when I then click to download and install them after acknowledging the licenses I only get error messages, that there was no repository found containing xyz.

Hello? What's wrong here? Why do I always first get hints that updates are available and then that they couldn't be found??? I thought, Eclipse has such an elaborated update scheme - why do these then regularly fail? This is notorious issue since many Eclipse versions!

With my current setup (Eclipse Oxygen for JEE programmers download that has been "enriched" with the Android development tools) this happens e.g. for:

No repository found for osgi.bundle, org.eclipse.m2e.archetype.common,<some version number>
No repository found for osgi.bundle, org.eclipse.m2e.core,<some version number>
etc. etc. (about 20 more - see screenshot).

Very frustrating!
Re: Eclipse updates frequently fail :-( [message #1770963 is a reply to message #1770962] Sat, 19 August 2017 22:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Moser is currently offline Michael MoserFriend
Oops - please ignore the first screenshot. That stems from a different issue. Unfortunately this forum SW does not allow me to delete it.
Re: Eclipse updates frequently fail :-( [message #1770969 is a reply to message #1770963] Sun, 20 August 2017 06:31 Go to previous message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

For a series of "No repository found containing:" messages, telling us which repositories you have in the list of Update Sites would help. If http://download.eclipse.org/technology/m2e/releases/ is not among them, I'd suggest adding it.

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Previous Topic:How to remove eclipse completely from Windows 10 host
Next Topic:How to combine different APIs in meaningful ways?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 03:23:29 GMT 2024