Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Can't install my plugin(Can't install my plugin)
Can't install my plugin [message #1770940] Sat, 19 August 2017 03:13 Go to next message
Faisal Tariq is currently offline Faisal TariqFriend
Hello,

I was able to start another Eclipse Application from my Host Eclipse and develop and test my plugin (CDT template implementation). It worked exactly as intended. However when I try to export the plugin into a new Eclipse. It does not work?

I exported my plug-in project and copied the *.jar file into the dropin folder of a new eclipse installation. (I went looking for it through the eclipse console and it does not appear listed?)

Thanks

Faisal

[Updated on: Sat, 19 August 2017 13:18]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Can't install my plugin [message #1771162 is a reply to message #1770940] Tue, 22 August 2017 15:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jonah Graham is currently offline Jonah GrahamFriend
Hi Faisal,

I am not sure what went wrong here. Exporting + using bundles is not C/C++ specific, so you may find better help on this topic in one of the other forums. Perhaps PDEs one for the expoting side: https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/f/14/ or the Equinox one where you may be able to get help on diagnosing why a plug-in is not being detected and the debugging steps you can do: https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/f/31/

HTH
Jonah
Re: Can't install my plugin [message #1771271 is a reply to message #1771162] Wed, 23 August 2017 15:28 Go to previous message
Faisal Tariq is currently offline Faisal TariqFriend
Hi Jonah,

Thanks a bunch for your help. It is appreciated.

Faisal
Previous Topic:Oxygen editor missing underscore
Next Topic:Changing Project Name
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 11:23:58 GMT 2024