Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » NatTable » Is it possible to implement something similar to merged cells in Excel?
Is it possible to implement something similar to merged cells in Excel? [message #1770668] Wed, 16 August 2017 03:26 Go to next message
Louis Detweiler is currently offline Louis DetweilerFriend
Hello!

I am working on implementing NatTable into some software. I was wondering if it were possible to have something similar to the merged cell feature in Excel. In the attached merged cells excel example image, we have the VA111 and VA112 cell both next to the VM111 cell. index.php/fa/30382/0/

I would like to do something similar in NatTable. This is what I have so far, in the NatTableExample image. In this NatTable example, I would like to extend the VM1 cell to have the VA11 and VA12 cell both attached next to the VM1 cell so that they are both touching and line up completely with the VM1 cell. Is this possible with NatTable? I have searched the forum and the NatTable examples application but I haven't found anything similar to what I would like.
index.php/fa/30383/0/

Thanks so much for your time.

Greg Detweiler
Re: Is it possible to implement something similar to merged cells in Excel? [message #1770884 is a reply to message #1770668] Fri, 18 August 2017 11:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dirk Fauth is currently offline Dirk FauthFriend
You call it merged, in NatTable it is called spanning. Have a look at examples showing the usage of the SpanningDataProvider.
Re: Is it possible to implement something similar to merged cells in Excel? [message #1771307 is a reply to message #1770884] Wed, 23 August 2017 20:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Louis Detweiler is currently offline Louis DetweilerFriend
Hmm from what I can tell spanning works across cells. However, I need it across subcells from a TableCellPainter. Is this possible?
Re: Is it possible to implement something similar to merged cells in Excel? [message #1771319 is a reply to message #1771307] Thu, 24 August 2017 03:50 Go to previous message
Dirk Fauth is currently offline Dirk FauthFriend
No, I have not implemented spanning for the TableCellPainter and honestly I don't see a reason for that. If you want something similar to the Excel example you need to do the same as in Excel and span/merge the cells all over. The "sub cells" are not intended to structure the table in such a way.
Previous Topic:Can't get TableCellPainter's dynamically calculated sub cell heights to work
Next Topic:How to use static filters
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 16:16:01 GMT 2024