Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » caps lock reversed(keyboard caps lock is off but text in eclipse is reversed)
caps lock reversed [message #1770637] Tue, 15 August 2017 12:57 Go to next message
Bill Oliver is currently offline Bill OliverFriend
Using Mars version 4.5.1. Somehow in eclipse when typing in code text with the keyboard, the text is all caps but the keyboard caps lock is off. If I turn the keyboard caps lock on then the text in eclipse is lower case. I am new to the forum so I am hoping someone has seen this before and knows how to fix it.
Re: caps lock reversed [message #1770643 is a reply to message #1770637] Tue, 15 August 2017 14:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eric Rizzo is currently offline Eric RizzoFriend
Somewhat brute-force solution, but have you tried simply restarting Eclipse and/or rebooting?
Also, does the caps lock behave as expected in other applications?
Re: caps lock reversed [message #1770645 is a reply to message #1770643] Tue, 15 August 2017 14:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for your quick response. I work in a place where we have compute clusters that we log on to. I have restarted eclipse but it doesn't do any good. I have also put in a trouble ticket to our IT people because I can't be sure where the issue originates.
It appears the issue is also in gui based editors but something like vim works as expected. Therefore I can't be sure it is just an eclipse issue.
Re: caps lock reversed [message #1770651 is a reply to message #1770645] Tue, 15 August 2017 15:42 Go to previous message
The problem is fixed. Nothing to do with eclipse. I am using ssh with X11 forwarding to the compute nodes. I have a Mac that uses xQuartz for X11 forwarding. The IT people had me log off, quit xQuartz then restart xQuartz and log back on. That fixed the problem.
Previous Topic:Four Java files don't execute
Next Topic:Eclipse-Neon & Slf4j b. Log4J
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 21:02:17 GMT 2024