Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Platform - User Assistance (UA) » Help center is not launching(Help center is not launching when Help Contents menu is pressed)
Help center is not launching [message #1770541] Mon, 14 August 2017 07:34 Go to next message
Velganesh Subramanian is currently offline Velganesh SubramanianFriend
I am developing a set of plugins on Xtext and I package my plugins as a product with Tycho. All dependencies are resolved and there is no runtime error when I execute my plug-ins. I expect the Help system to open when I click the Help Contents menu but I get the busy circle and the parent window hangs. I have org.eclipse.help feature included in the product and all necessary plug-ins are in the product.

I see only this message in the console.
12:54:35.237 [Start Help Server] INFO org.eclipse.jetty.util.log - Logging initialized @13708ms

I can launch the Help system from my Eclipse IDE but not from the built product. Is there any indirect dependency I have to include? I am using Windows 10 with Neon 2 as my platform.

I can see the Help view with a tree of contents upon click on F1 but but clicking on a link doesn't show the details page.

[Updated on: Mon, 14 August 2017 08:29]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Help center is not launching [message #1774343 is a reply to message #1770541] Fri, 13 October 2017 06:21 Go to previous message
Velganesh Subramanian is currently offline Velganesh SubramanianFriend
I could correct the issue. The issue was not with the help system but elsewhere. We are using SLF4J and a custom appender to print log messages in a MessageConsole. We used Display.syncExec and Jetty tried to log messages and there was deadlock. Logging in the MessageConsole through Display.asyncExec fixed the issue.
Previous Topic:Disable "cp=" parameter in URLs?
Next Topic:Help Contents icons Expand topics and Book closed are missing
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 15:21:20 GMT 2024