Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Titan » Test port for serial communication
Test port for serial communication [message #1770441] Fri, 11 August 2017 12:39 Go to next message
Jordan Martin is currently offline Jordan MartinFriend
Hello !

I have a ZedBoard connected to my laptop through USB port (UART).
In order to communicate with it, I'm launching putty with the connection type "Serial".
Now that I know how I can transfer and read data, I want to launch tests executed by Titan, on my ZedBoard.

I searched, but I couldn't find an existing serial test port. So, I'm wondering, is there any existing test port able to open a serial communication (given COM port and speed) ? Or do I need to write a specific one for that type of communication ?

Thank you in advance !

Best regards,
Jordan
Re: Test port for serial communication [message #1770557 is a reply to message #1770441] Mon, 14 August 2017 11:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lenard Nagy is currently offline Lenard NagyFriend
Hi Jordan,

The Serial test port for Titan is currently under developement. There's no ETA yet, but hopefully it will be published soon.

Lenard
Re: Test port for serial communication [message #1771594 is a reply to message #1770557] Mon, 28 August 2017 12:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Jordan,

Since I do not know when I'll have time to develop this port further we decided to share the current state with You.

The attached compressed file contains an Eclipse project.

In the SerialPort.cfg file You have to specify the device file(s) to use.
On linux systems You need to have the appropriate privileges to access the contents of /dev, on Ubuntu I had to add my user to the dialout group.

If You have any questions please feel free to contact me.

Please let us know if You make any progress.

Thanks,
Lenard :)
Re: Test port for serial communication [message #1771596 is a reply to message #1771594] Mon, 28 August 2017 13:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Elemer Lelik is currently offline Elemer LelikFriend
Hi Jordan,

I have created a git repo , see

git clone http://git.eclipse.org/gitroot/titan/titan.TestPorts.Serial

with the same code (copyright headers added)

Please be aware that this code is in an early phase, it probably requires further development/testing.

BR

Elemer

Re: Test port for serial communication [message #1771599 is a reply to message #1771596] Mon, 28 August 2017 13:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jordan Martin is currently offline Jordan MartinFriend
Hi Lenard, Elmer!

Thank you very much for your help, I will look into this as soon as I can !

BR,
Jordan
Re: Test port for serial communication [message #1771925 is a reply to message #1771599] Fri, 01 September 2017 08:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Jordan,

I have done some improvement on the code, added some configuration settings, please check it out. I have not tested it yet, though.

Lenard
Re: Test port for serial communication [message #1772533 is a reply to message #1770441] Tue, 12 September 2017 06:08 Go to previous message
Hi,

I have updated the code, it was tested now with 2 RS435 adapters through USB ports:

index.php/fa/30701/0/

Lenard

[Updated on: Tue, 12 September 2017 11:39]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Chat with STOMP over WebSocket part2
Next Topic:RAW coder: length field with offset
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 20:15:25 GMT 2024