Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Scrolled composite Issues while migrating to Neon 2 in ubuntu(In mutlipage wizard, Scrolled Composite contents are not displayed )
Scrolled composite Issues while migrating to Neon 2 in ubuntu [message #1770367] Thu, 10 August 2017 12:18 Go to next message
Manu Mohan is currently offline Manu MohanFriend
I am trying to migrate to eclipse Neon 2 release in Operating system Ubuntu 14.04.

I am facing an issue in mutli page wizard while using scrolled composite.
On pressing next, the contents in page are not displayed.
If the page is maximized the contents gets displayed. If one time maximize is done, then the contents are displayed properly.
This issue happens in Ubuntu only. In windows , there is no issue.

If we force eclipse to started in GTK 2, this issue is not seen.

Is this an compatibility issues of Neon with GTK 3 ? Please provide a solution for it.
Re: Scrolled composite Issues while migrating to Neon 2 in ubuntu [message #1770413 is a reply to message #1770367] Fri, 11 August 2017 04:19 Go to previous message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
We've had problems like this (only reproducible on Linux and only with GTK 3) with Oomph. Here's an example of a change that was contributed that fixed the problem:
http://git.eclipse.org/c/oomph/org.eclipse.oomph.git/commit/?id=665437d449c9bbc562abe9915d1ef67c36190193
In this case it was for a StackComposite (a Composite with a StackLayout), but perhaps a similar fix will work for you. Note that Control.requestLayout is new @since 3.105 (and I'm not sure if that's in Neon).

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Previous Topic:Passport via OLE automation
Next Topic:Unable to download Eclipse J2EE
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 21:05:08 GMT 2024