Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Sirius » Performance problem of synchronization from Xtext to Sirius
Performance problem of synchronization from Xtext to Sirius [message #1770251] Wed, 09 August 2017 11:38 Go to next message
mind calm is currently offline mind calmFriend
HI,
We have an idea to integrate Xtext with Sirius, and these two editors use same model instance (infact it is LazylinkingResource instance) in memory . Currently, we met a performance problem, it is after i editing model in Xtext editor, i switch to Sirius editor, it take long time to show the diagram.
What we did at Sirius editor switch is: in DDiagramEditorImpl.setFocus(), we excute a RefreshRepresentationsCommand. The result is this function costs long time.
As my debug and analysis, i found not only the changed elements, but also the remain elements do refresh operations in the process.
For example, my model contains A B C three elements, and the diagram shows three elements too. If i add a element D in Xtext editor and switch to Sirius editor, not only D will be refreshed on Sirius editor, but also the A B C will be refreshed. The performance will be more worse if the scale of model get larger.
My question is:
Is there any method to do high efficency refresh or incremental refresh in sirius?

Best regards!

by Keep Mind Calm
Re: Performance problem of synchronization from Xtext to Sirius [message #1770680 is a reply to message #1770251] Wed, 16 August 2017 08:17 Go to previous message
Maxime Porhel is currently offline Maxime PorhelFriend
Hi,

You might take a look to Akos Horvath's talk presented during SiriusCon 2016:
- http://www.siriuscon.org/2016/#talk9
- slides: https://www.slideshare.net/kosHorvth2/v-for-visualization-viatra-finally-goes-graphical-thanks-to-sirius

His abstract:
Quote:
V for Visualization in Viatra: The Good-old Integration of Graphical and Textual Representations

As one of the enabler technology for many model-based tools (e.g., Capella, IncA, EMDW etc.) within the Eclipse platform and beyond. Viatra the unique reactive and event-driven model transformation platform has finally broken the barriers of its Xtext based textual specification language and now provides a full featured visual representation of its query definitions using Sirius.

Our talk focuses on the experience we have gained during the development of two different approaches for our visual representation. The first approach followed the traditional rule of thumb to have a separate Ecore metamodel specifically designed for the graphical representation while the second one focused on to reuse the Xtext-based metamodel and specify the editor directly on top of it. Within the talk, we aim to provide our answers and guidelines for the following questions:

What level of reusability is possible from an Xtext based tooling for a Sirius based visualization, especially for model validation?
Which parts of the Sirius editor specification become more complicated when using an Xtext based metamodel (e.g., model manipulation operations, navigation, traceability)?
How to ensure the semantical equivalence of a textual and a graphical representation?
How to handle the different editing strategies of Sirius and Xtext (transactional editing domains compared to complete reparsing)?
The result presented in this talk is the outcome of a cooperation between IncQuery Labs and Thales.

Regards,

Maxime

Maxime Porhel - Obeo

Need training or professional services for Sirius?
http://www.obeodesigner.com/sirius

[Updated on: Wed, 16 August 2017 08:19]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Node positioning problem
Next Topic:[GMF][Sirius][RoutingStyle] Avoid Obstruction feature
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 13:32:54 GMT 2024