Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » e(fx)clipse » Problem with run Eclipse Editor with JavaFX and GEF5
Problem with run Eclipse Editor with JavaFX and GEF5 [message #1770045] Mon, 07 August 2017 17:55 Go to next message
Maxim Martynov is currently offline Maxim MartynovFriend
I want do create Eclipse editor with using GEF5 and JavaFX, but then i run application i have warning
WARNING: You are binding against the deprecated org.eclipse.fx.javafx - please remove all javafx imports
and error
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: javafx.embed.swt.FXCanvas cannot be found by

0) I install e(fx)clipse in my IDE

1) I create target platform
<location includeAllPlatforms="false" includeConfigurePhase="true" includeMode="slicer" includeSource="true" type="InstallableUnit">
<unit id="org.eclipse.fx.runtime.min.feature.feature.group" version="2.4.0.201605100504"/>
<unit id="org.eclipse.fx.target.feature.feature.group" version="2.4.0.201605121035"/>
<repository location="http://download.eclipse.org/efxclipse/runtime-released/2.4.0/site/"/>
</location>

2) I add Require-Bundle in my bundle
org.eclipse.fx.javafx;bundle-version="2.2.0"

3) I add in my product file feature dependency
<feature id="org.eclipse.fx.runtime.min.feature" version="2.4.0.201605100504"/>

4) i'm add in launcherArgs / vmArgs
-Dosgi.framework.extensions=org.eclipse.fx.osgi

5) and i'm add
-Dorg.osgi.framework.bundle.parent=ext

All classes compiles but after run i have error. What i do wrong?
Re: Problem with run Eclipse Editor with JavaFX and GEF5 [message #1770049 is a reply to message #1770045] Mon, 07 August 2017 18:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas Schindl is currently offline Thomas SchindlFriend
a) remove the require bundle it's not needed anymore
b) remove -Dorg.osgi.framework.bundle.parent=ext if you use the adapter hook you configured in step 4 it is not needed
c) what is your os? what is your jdk?
Re: Problem with run Eclipse Editor with JavaFX and GEF5 [message #1770056 is a reply to message #1770049] Mon, 07 August 2017 19:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'am using Ubuntu 15.10 and JDK 8u131

[Updated on: Mon, 07 August 2017 19:47]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Problem with run Eclipse Editor with JavaFX and GEF5 [message #1770059 is a reply to message #1770056] Mon, 07 August 2017 22:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is it an OpenJDK from your distro or a OracleJDK?
Re: Problem with run Eclipse Editor with JavaFX and GEF5 [message #1770070 is a reply to message #1770059] Tue, 08 August 2017 06:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oracle JDK
Re: Problem with run Eclipse Editor with JavaFX and GEF5 [message #1770073 is a reply to message #1770070] Tue, 08 August 2017 06:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You can try running with -Defxclipse.osgi.hook.debug=true in your vm-arguments to get debug informations from the AdapterHook
Re: Problem with run Eclipse Editor with JavaFX and GEF5 [message #1770074 is a reply to message #1770073] Tue, 08 August 2017 06:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh most likely your probem is that you are running with SWT-Gtk3 and JavaFX can not run in Gtk3 because it is linked against Gtk2 and to avoid crashes we detect that situation and refuse to load the JavaFX. You need to wait for JavaFX9 to run JavaFX in a SWT-Gtk9.
Re: Problem with run Eclipse Editor with JavaFX and GEF5 [message #1770079 is a reply to message #1770074] Tue, 08 August 2017 08:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I found two plugin in one of my feature.xml included in product file
<plugin
         id="org.eclipse.fx.javafx"
         download-size="0"
         install-size="0"
         version="0.0.0"
         unpack="false"/>

<plugin
         id="org.eclipse.fx.osgi"
         download-size="0"
         install-size="0"
         version="0.0.0"
         fragment="true"
         unpack="false"/>

Also i found in *Import-Package:* of my bundle
javafx.animation,
 javafx.application,
 javafx.beans,
 javafx.beans.binding,
 javafx.beans.property,
 javafx.beans.property.adapter,
 javafx.beans.value,
 javafx.collections,
 javafx.collections.transformation,
 javafx.concurrent,
 javafx.css,
 javafx.embed.swing,
 javafx.embed.swt,
 javafx.event,
 javafx.fxml,
 javafx.geometry,
 javafx.print,
 javafx.scene,
 javafx.scene.canvas,
 javafx.scene.chart,
 javafx.scene.control,
 javafx.scene.control.cell,
 javafx.scene.effect,
 javafx.scene.image,
 javafx.scene.input,
 javafx.scene.layout,
 javafx.scene.media,
 javafx.scene.paint,
 javafx.scene.shape,
 javafx.scene.text,
 javafx.scene.transform,
 javafx.scene.web,
 javafx.stage,
 javafx.util,
 javafx.util.converter,

I delete this and my Error (Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: javafx.embed.swt.FXCanvas cannot be found by) and Warning (WARNING: You are binding against the deprecated org.eclipse.fx.javafx - please remove all javafx imports) is gone from IDE

After this Java start crash, but i already have --launcher.GTK_version 2 in vm args. Now i'am add environment variable SWT_GTK3 = 0 and all working from IDE normal.

Is it glitch of IDE or my bug?

Now i'm try to build standalone applicatiion with tycho, it is build but after run i have same warning "WARNING: You are binding against the deprecated org.eclipse.fx.javafx - please remove all javafx imports".
Don't understand is it critical or not.
Re: Problem with run Eclipse Editor with JavaFX and GEF5 [message #1770081 is a reply to message #1770079] Tue, 08 August 2017 08:20 Go to previous message
Sorry, i'm also remove as you say Quote:
a) remove the require bundle it's not needed anymore
b) remove -Dorg.osgi.framework.bundle.parent=ext if you use the adapter hook you configured in step 4 it is not needed

Thanks for your help
Previous Topic:CI with Jenkins and suggested project structure
Next Topic:Where is the code in efxclipse 3.0.0 that creates the e(fx)clipse project?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 01:30:21 GMT 2024