Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Sirius » Conditional mapping?
Conditional mapping? [message #1770007] Mon, 07 August 2017 13:44 Go to next message
sonny selhorst is currently offline sonny selhorstFriend
Dear,

I am wondering if it is possible to have a "conditional mapping". Let me explain:

I have a certain semantic element that I create as a node within a container. Now, it has an attribute that specifies the type for that element. If the type of the element is set to "composite", the element should be displayed as a container instead of a node, after which you could add a node of the same semantic element to the container.

Practically: an Entity has an Attribute which can be composite, if it is composite, the attribute can also contain other Attributes.

I know that I could just display every attribute as a container to achieve this, but I don't like the fact that even the empty containers have the option to be opened/closed, it makes the diagram quite ugly.

Thank you very much in advance.

Kind regards,
Sonny Selhorst
Re: Conditional mapping? [message #1770016 is a reply to message #1770007] Mon, 07 August 2017 14:07 Go to previous message
Florian Barbin is currently offline Florian BarbinFriend
Hi Sonny,

May be you should have a type "Composite" in your metamodel ?
But if you want to use an attribute to differentiate the mapping, you can create two different mappings and use the "Semantic Candidates Expression" to restrict the mapping following the attribute value.

Regards,

Florian
Previous Topic:[RESOLVED]
Next Topic:Edge labels with seperate properties view
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 20:33:36 GMT 2024