Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » 4DIAC - Framework for Distributed Industrial Automation and Control » Duplicate/Copy 4diac applications(Is there a way to duplicate/copy 4diac applications?)
Duplicate/Copy 4diac applications [message #1769778] Thu, 03 August 2017 10:42 Go to next message
Marc Jakobi is currently offline Marc JakobiFriend
Hi.

I was wondering if there is a way to copy applications in 4diac. I have many similar applications that have minor differences (i.e. the CSIFBs used or additional control
components).

I have tried saving subapplications for the parts that are reused often, but they seem to be not working properly (Subapps created via New-->Type-->SubApp.sub cannot be mapped to a resource and Subapps created by selecting multiple FBs applications cannot be copied to other applications).

I think a good feature would be to be able to copy/paste applications.

A workaround is to export the system to an archive and then import it into a new system. The application can be copied by selecting all function blocks and copy/pasting them to an empty application in the new system. However, this process is still a little tedious and could result in too many systems.

[Updated on: Thu, 03 August 2017 10:43]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Duplicate/Copy 4diac applications [message #1769786 is a reply to message #1769778] Thu, 03 August 2017 12:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alois Zoitl is currently offline Alois ZoitlFriend

HI,

what you can do is creating a new application and copying the content of the application by selecting all elements of the applications (ctrl+a, drag a window over the content) and then use copy paste. If you are using the latest 4diac-ide built from source (it is getting in a usable stage and is definitely much better then 1.8.x) then we are storing the project in a IEC 61499-2 XML file. You could directly duplicate the application in the xml code. After reopening 4diac-ide the duplicated application should be there.

Subapplications is one if the main reasons for the huge work we are performing for 1.9.0. In the latest development versions subapplications are nearly working. I hope that a first usable subapplication implementation is available by end of august.

Duplicating applications in the system explorer tree would definitely be an interesting feature to be considered for the next 4diac releases.

Re: Duplicate/Copy 4diac applications [message #1770924 is a reply to message #1769786] Fri, 18 August 2017 19:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Marc Jakobi is currently offline Marc JakobiFriend
Hi Alois.

Thanks for the reply. I am currently using the official release of 4diac-IDE. But I may consider pulling the development branch at some point.

Ctrl+A followed by copy & paste wasn't working when I initially posted this question. Now it seems to work without problems. Strange...
Re: Duplicate/Copy 4diac applications [message #1770981 is a reply to message #1770924] Sun, 20 August 2017 15:26 Go to previous message
Alois Zoitl is currently offline Alois ZoitlFriend

Hi Marc,

in 1.8.x copy paste was sometimes depending on what was selected. Especially pasting was not to reliable. We tried to improve this in for the upcoming release. unfortunately there are still some issues to be solved but we are on a good way for our 1.9.0 release.
Previous Topic:Debug error in 4diac
Next Topic:RESTful or HTTP clients in FORTE
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 23:00:01 GMT 2024