Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Sirius » Overriding default Editor drag-and-drop
Overriding default Editor drag-and-drop [message #1769725] Wed, 02 August 2017 22:29 Go to next message
Chris Mamorella is currently offline Chris MamorellaFriend
I have already subclassed DDiagramEditorImpl. Now I'd like to override the drop target listener to handle specific drag events. Unfortunately the existing drop target listener in DDiagramEditor is private:

private AbstractTransferDropTargetListener transferDropTargetListener;

...so the best I can seemingly do is add my custom drop target listener to the graphical viewer in addition to the privately declared listener.

Everything appears to get initialized but my custom transfer drop target listener never seems to be invoked during drop events. Specifically, the #createTargetRequest method is never called. I'm assuming that's the method that should be activated.

Do I need to somehow remove the private drop target listener? Not sure where to go from here.

[Updated on: Wed, 02 August 2017 22:30]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Overriding default Editor drag-and-drop [message #1774228 is a reply to message #1769725] Wed, 11 October 2017 20:18 Go to previous message
Chris Mamorella is currently offline Chris MamorellaFriend
Bumping this because the Drag-and-Drop is now required to be more dynamic and able to interpret non-model objects. I was able to workaround the issue previously by "forcing" the external drag source to be a model element which is recognized by default in Sirius. Any guidance would be appreciated. I assume that overriding the drag-drop would seem to be a common implementation path.
Previous Topic:Is it a bug of Delete Element in Sirius editor?
Next Topic:Sirius validation problemes
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 00:09:58 GMT 2024