Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Eclipse still running old project
Eclipse still running old project [message #1769530] Tue, 01 August 2017 11:13 Go to next message
Joakim Sjöstedt is currently offline Joakim SjöstedtFriend
After having worked on project A and started project B, eclipse still run project A even if I have closed all tabs of project A and only have classes from project B open. How do I tell Eclipse that I want it to run project B instead? Am I making any sense? :P
Re: Eclipse still running old project [message #1769534 is a reply to message #1769530] Tue, 01 August 2017 11:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I can select to run different main files, but I honestly don't know which one is from which projects since they are different builds of the same project...
Re: Eclipse still running old project [message #1769547 is a reply to message #1769534] Tue, 01 August 2017 13:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

For starters, with what kind of projects are you working? Which version of Eclipse is it? Do the classes have different qualified names? Can you give concrete details?

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Re: Eclipse still running old project [message #1769563 is a reply to message #1769547] Tue, 01 August 2017 16:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Its just a basic rpg text game to learn the basics. I have one project and one test project of the same program where I experiment. When I'm happy with the result I save the testproject as the other project and keep working in the test project. This is because I want to have a backup if something goes wrong with my coding. Since I switch back and forth between the different projects alot, I need to be sure that Eclips starts the project I'm currently working on. But oftentimes, it seems to build the wrong project which naturally leaves me a bit confused. Using the latest version of eclipse. The classes all have the same name since its they are just copies with slight differences.
Re: Eclipse still running old project [message #1769708 is a reply to message #1769563] Wed, 02 August 2017 19:56 Go to previous message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

This is a problem usually solved by using version control and unit tests, but at the least I suggest you use Run->Run Configurations... to give the different launchers explicit names you can tell apart. That, or Close the test/backup project from the Project menu except when you actually need to deal with it.

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Previous Topic:Eclipse installer (x86) won't on Raspberry Pi (ARM)
Next Topic:Eclipse Oxygen hangs
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 23:14:53 GMT 2024