Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Sirius » Properties view
Properties view [message #1769433] Mon, 31 July 2017 14:03 Go to next message
sonny selhorst is currently offline sonny selhorstFriend
Dear,

I have read the manual and tutorial for changing the properties views of my diagram. Now, I understand how to make my own property views, but I would rather have the default property views appear with all their pages and groups, so that I can modify some labels, add some tooltips, maybe delete some options, etc etc...

I have tried using the import and extend default properties, but it wasn't very clear for me on how I could continue adapting the property views.

Thank you very much!

Kind regards,

Sonny
Re: Properties view [message #1769436 is a reply to message #1769433] Mon, 31 July 2017 14:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laurent Redor is currently offline Laurent RedorFriend
Hi,

Have you read this documentation : https://www.eclipse.org/sirius/doc/specifier/properties/Properties_View_Description.html#extensibility_features ?
If this is the case, can you clarify what is not clear and what you want to do?

Regards,

Laurent

Laurent Redor - Obeo

Need training or professional services for Sirius?
http://www.obeodesigner.com/sirius
Re: Properties view [message #1769443 is a reply to message #1769436] Mon, 31 July 2017 16:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sonny selhorst is currently offline sonny selhorstFriend
Dear,

Thank you very much for your quick response, it helps me a lot.

I had read the documentation and experimented with it, but I can't seem to be able to grasp it completely. I think I need to apply filters in the "Extends" page, but I don't really know what to type in there. I thought that maybe there would be an option to have all properties displayed in a treelike editor, so that I could easily edit/delete them.

In the images you can see two examples of properties views and what I would want to delete/change in it.

Again, excuse me if this is due to my lack of knowledge, I am not trying to be lazy.
  • Attachment: example1.png
    (Size: 182.45KB, Downloaded 145 times)
  • Attachment: example2.png
    (Size: 170.67KB, Downloaded 117 times)
Re: Properties view [message #1775562 is a reply to message #1769443] Wed, 01 November 2017 10:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yash Khatri is currently offline Yash KhatriFriend
I have a similar question. Did you figure out how to change the existing default properties view by not creating our own properties view completely?
Re: Properties view [message #1775616 is a reply to message #1775562] Thu, 02 November 2017 09:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pierre-Charles David is currently offline Pierre-Charles DavidFriend
Hi,

There are basically two approaches:
* Create a local copy of the default rules, and tweak them. On the VSM's top-level Group element, select New Properties > Import Default Properties view. This will create a copy of the model used by Sirius for the default rules inside your own VSM, as if you had created them manually. You can then tweak them however you want. The drawback is that this is a fixed copy of the default rules at the time of import, so any change or improvement in the default rules in future versions of Sirius will not apply (in practice this should not be an issue).
* Keep using the implicit default rules provided by Sirius, but create local overrides (see https://www.eclipse.org/sirius/doc/specifier/properties/Properties_View_Description.html#overrides), which will be applied at runtime. You can think of override a little like patches applied at runtime to change specific parts of a properties definition model. Often an override will also *extend* an existing element, for example a Page Override can say "I override (replace) the Page Definition X, and extend X (so that by default all definitions in X are inherited) with this and this additional elements (defined inside the override). I also want to hide elements Y and Z that I inherited from X (this is configured using filter expressions)."

Regards,

Pierre-Charles David - Obeo

Need training or professional services for Sirius?
http://www.obeodesigner.com/sirius
Re: Properties view [message #1790475 is a reply to message #1775616] Mon, 11 June 2018 13:52 Go to previous message
Nicolas Sordon is currently offline Nicolas SordonFriend
Hi,

In the same subject, I did not manage to make the override mechanism work properly.

Here is my situation:
- I have defined a Viewpoint. In that Viewpoint, I have defined a properties view, which add a tab/Page (let's call it "All", for example).
- Now, in a new Viewpoint, which extends the previous one, I would like to see new elements in the same properties tab (called "All") and add in it some new groups for example.

Now is my problem:
- In the new properties view definition, If I create a new Page called "All" also, this will lead to make appear two tabs called "All". But I don't want to obtain this result. I would like to have only one tab called "All".
That is why I explored the override mechanism with different elements (page override, group override) but did not manage to get the result I expected.

Maybe the override mechanism is not appropriate in that situation.

Could you please help me to achieve my purpose ? Is there any existing example for such situation ?

Regards,

Nicolas
Previous Topic:Fixed Position of node
Next Topic:[Sirius] Arrange-all layout with auto-size containers
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 07:37:44 GMT 2024