Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Sirius » Only one label when multiple edges with same target mappings
Only one label when multiple edges with same target mappings [message #1769425] Mon, 31 July 2017 13:19 Go to next message
sonny selhorst is currently offline sonny selhorstFriend
Dear,

I am sorry if this question is due to my lack of knowledge with meta-modeling and MDD in general. I am making a tool with which someone can make EER diagrams with UML notation for my master thesis. I have almost no experience with Java, so the professor that guides me decided that it would be a good idea to have me test if it is truly so that you don't need any programming experience to make use of the Sirius platform.

In my sample model, I should be able to define superclasses and subclasses and have them connected by a generalization edge. This generalization edge should then have only ONE label. This works as long as there is only one subclass.

Once there are multiple subclasses for one superclass, a label gets created for every subclass if I define the label under my edge style. This should not happen, only one label should be present that defines the generalization.

I have added an image of how it should look like, I hope that helps. I have also added all files which I created to create my diagram.

Thank you very much in advance.

Kind regards,
Sonny
Re: Only one label when multiple edges with same target mappings [message #1769434 is a reply to message #1769425] Mon, 31 July 2017 14:16 Go to previous message
Laurent Redor is currently offline Laurent RedorFriend
Hi,

Unfortunately, it's not possible. In the image, there is not only one edge but several edges. For example, for Person superclass:
* One edge between Staff --> Person
* One edge between PrivateOwner --> Person
* One edge between Client --> Person

The layout, "tree layout", applied to these edge, draws a common segment to all edges but there are really 3 edges (and so 3 labels).

A solution is maybe to have a conditional style for the edges with only a label for the first sub class. I've not tested it.

Regards,

Laurent Redor - Obeo

Need training or professional services for Sirius?
http://www.obeodesigner.com/sirius
Previous Topic:Computed color expression to return R,G,B in one service call
Next Topic:NPE in EdgeLabelQuery when moving node
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 19:24:19 GMT 2024