Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » PHP Development Tools (PDT) » No code completion or recognition on remote PHP files
No code completion or recognition on remote PHP files [message #1769334] Sat, 29 July 2017 20:07 Go to next message
Adnan Yildiz is currently offline Adnan YildizFriend
Hi guys,
just installed eclipse oxygen after coding on aptana since a very long time. i decided to change back to eclipse because it seems that it is no longer supported.

so, what i like and need on aptana was coding directly on the server without having every file on my pc. now i installed as i said oxygen and also remote system explorer (end-user runtime and user action).

html, css code recognition and completion is working well on remote files. but not on javascript or php.
WHY???

didnt find any solution on the web.

thx in advance!
Re: No code completion or recognition on remote PHP files [message #1770189 is a reply to message #1769334] Wed, 09 August 2017 00:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Christos Lytras is currently offline Christos LytrasFriend
Version: Oxygen Release (4.7.0)
Build id: 20170620-1800
Windows 10 64

Same problem here. Eclipse PDT Outline is empty when opening files using Remote Systems.

One more strange thing is that the tab icons have changed! For example, I see the usual icon for php files with a "P" inside a document at the Remote Systems Explorer, but at the tab of an opened php file I see the system icon, which in my case is from Notepad++!

index.php/fa/30322/0/

I will stick back to Neon 3 until this gets fixed.

UPDATE

After some investigation, I realize that PDT has to have a PHP Project to show the outline contents. Well, I'm using Eclipse for many years, and I can't remember that would have to create Project/Remote Project in order for outline to be filled. It's working directly without o project when opening files from RSE to Neon 3 and older versions.

[Updated on: Fri, 11 August 2017 12:22]

Report message to a moderator

Re: No code completion or recognition on remote PHP files [message #1771233 is a reply to message #1770189] Wed, 23 August 2017 07:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Smoke Man is currently offline Smoke ManFriend
+
I have this problem to in oxygen and after last update in neon
Work is not possible, please help(
Re: No code completion or recognition on remote PHP files [message #1773100 is a reply to message #1770189] Thu, 21 September 2017 13:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Marius Reiakvam is currently offline Marius ReiakvamFriend
Christos Lytras wrote on Wed, 09 August 2017 00:38
Windows 10 64

Same problem here. Eclipse PDT Outline is empty when opening files using Remote Systems.

One more strange thing is that the tab icons have changed! For example, I see the usual icon for php files with a "P" inside a document at the Remote Systems Explorer, but at the tab of an opened php file I see the system icon, which in my case is from Notepad++!

index.php/fa/30322/0/

I will stick back to Neon 3 until this gets fixed.

UPDATE

After some investigation, I realize that PDT has to have a PHP Project to show the outline contents. Well, I'm using Eclipse for many years, and I can't remember that would have to create Project/Remote Project in order for outline to be filled. It's working directly without o project when opening files from RSE to Neon 3 and older versions.

I have the same issue, but I already have my files in a Remote Project, and still can't see the outline or code completion.

I'm using the following:

Any help would be greatly appriciated.
Re: No code completion or recognition on remote PHP files [message #1782895 is a reply to message #1773100] Sun, 04 March 2018 08:51 Go to previous message
Snegurka Snejkova is currently offline Snegurka SnejkovaFriend
Hi

I have the same problem.... Is there a solution to this problem?

Eclipse for PHP Developers
Version: Oxygen.2 Release (4.7.2)
Build id: 20171218-0600

Remote System Explorer End-User Runtime 3.5.0.201309112143

Thanks in advance.
Previous Topic:PDT for Prestashop
Next Topic:can't skip debug current instruction pointer
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 17:08:26 GMT 2024