Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Live updating charts
Live updating charts [message #1769265] Fri, 28 July 2017 11:45
Marc Kletz is currently offline Marc KletzFriend
I am currently an intern for Axians ICT Austria.

My current task is to find a suitable framework to integrate real time data analytics and graphics into their existing application.
Yesterday (27.07.2017) I tryed out BIRT and found its capability's and features very good.

We (Axians) would like to have a live report system where our KPI's (Key Performance Indicators) can be loaded from our oracle database and displayed in our application. We would like to offer our customers a nice dashboard with graphs and tables where they can check how well their business is doing.

My question is:
How to develop an application, running in java with BIRT, that has the capabilities of live analytics of data. This could be as simple as loading data from the database every 5 to 10 minutes and updating all relevant graphs.
The examples that I saw and recreated only showed me how to develop and launch graphs from within eclipse, but not how to develop graphs that update on changing data.

We will be using Spring boot application to code and deploy the application for our customers. Maybe it is possible to integrate BIRT into scheduled jobs, let them fetch data from our database and display the data on our client's dashboard.

A simple link to a tutorial or document with explanation on how to implement live reports would be enough for me to get started.
Any code reference is highly appreciated. If you know of a better, FREE framework than BIRT, please let me know as well. The framework
should be able to connect to an oracle database and be written in Java.

~Vulkanos
Previous Topic:generating calendar report
Next Topic:Maintaining Dataset structure for mongodb sourced datasets
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 13:53:21 GMT 2024