Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Papyrus Oxygen Alf Editor
Papyrus Oxygen Alf Editor [message #1769255] Fri, 28 July 2017 09:42 Go to next message
Marc-Florian Wendland is currently offline Marc-Florian WendlandFriend
Hi all,

I just downloaded and installed Papyrus Oxygen. I wanted to give the Papyrus Alf Editor a new try, but unfortunately, I was not able to install the plugin. Are there any known issues that prevent installation of Alf Editor in Papyrus Oxygen?

Best regards,
Marc-Florian
Re: Papyrus Oxygen Alf Editor [message #1769423 is a reply to message #1769255] Mon, 31 July 2017 12:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quentin Le Menez is currently offline Quentin Le MenezFriend
Hi Marc-Florian,

There seems to be some problem with this particular item in the installer. It seems there are some conflicts on the plugin versions already installed if you already have papyrus so this may come down to a "simple" rebuild of the repository.
You can still install the associated feature from here [1] but you will encounter the same problem. I will keep you updated as soon as this is resolved. (note that, although this is not ideal, you can still install alf through [1] and then papyrus on top of it) this results in a very strange/uncomplete installation so I would not recommend it.

Thanks for the heads up,
Quentin

[1] https://hudson.eclipse.org/papyrus/view/Incubation/job/papyrus-incubation-oxygen/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/releng/org.eclipse.papyrus.incubation.p2/target/repository/

[Updated on: Mon, 31 July 2017 13:07]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Papyrus Oxygen Alf Editor [message #1769557 is a reply to message #1769423] Tue, 01 August 2017 15:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quentin Le Menez is currently offline Quentin Le MenezFriend
Hi Marc-Florian,

it should be fixed now and you should be able to install it from either the Papyrus discovery tool or the aforementioned address. If you encounter any more problems please let me know :)

Thanks again for the heads up and HTH,
Quentin
Re: Papyrus Oxygen Alf Editor [message #1796290 is a reply to message #1769557] Tue, 09 October 2018 16:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bruno Costa is currently offline Bruno CostaFriend
Hello!

I have the same problem in Eclipse Oxygen.3a Release (4.7.3a).

When I try to install Alf editor by "Install Papyrus Additional Components"it says that it "Sorry, Integrated ALF Editor is unavailable. Please try again later".

Could you help me?
Re: Papyrus Oxygen Alf Editor [message #1796292 is a reply to message #1769557] Tue, 09 October 2018 17:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bruno Costa is currently offline Bruno CostaFriend
Dear Quentin,

I'm trying to install the Integrated ALF Editor in the Eclipse Oxygen.3a Release (4.7.3a), but it seems that it is not available anymore (see image attached).

Do you know if there is a problem with such a plugin?
  • Attachment: message.png
    (Size: 36.55KB, Downloaded 122 times)
Re: Papyrus Oxygen Alf Editor [message #1796759 is a reply to message #1796292] Thu, 18 October 2018 14:27 Go to previous message
Jesús Gorroñogoitia is currently offline Jesús GorroñogoitiaFriend
I've been able to install the Papyrus Alf Editor, both in Oxygen and Photon, downloading a local update site from
https://hudson.eclipse.org/papyrus/view/Incubation/job/Papyrus-Incubation-Alf/

Download these update site files into a local folder, place the features in a features subfolder, similarly the plugins into a plugins subfolder and in Eclipse reference this local update site in a new site.
Previous Topic:Code generation not enabled
Next Topic:Error Starting Papyrus RCP 4.1.0
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 15:02:36 GMT 2024