Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Mylyn » "Add Task Repository..." not possible - Finish button disabled
"Add Task Repository..." not possible - Finish button disabled [message #1769226] Fri, 28 July 2017 05:06 Go to next message
Mike Schernbeck is currently offline Mike SchernbeckFriend
i have a GitHub repository that i want to use to share tasks among our team members. When adding the task repository, i am not able to click the "Finish" button, as it is disabled.

Installation Details:
• Neon.3 Release (4.6.3)
• connector details: -- Eclipse GitHub integration with task focused interface -- org.eclipse.mylyn.github.feature.feature.group -- 4.6.0.201612231935-r
Re: "Add Task Repository..." not possible - Finish button disabled [message #1769247 is a reply to message #1769226] Fri, 28 July 2017 08:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i managed to proceed in the dialogue. Now i receive the following error when validating the Settings:

Error validating settings: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target

I already found out, that this is a certificate Problem. I downloaded the certificate using Mozilla successfully - but where do i have to Import it sothat eclipse can find it?

i already tried the Default MS-WIN Import (right-click on certificate file-> install certificate) and restarted eclipse, but the error remains...

is there any way to Import the certificate to eclipse directly?
Re: "Add Task Repository..." not possible - Finish button disabled [message #1769290 is a reply to message #1769247] Fri, 28 July 2017 16:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sam Davis is currently offline Sam DavisFriend
I think you would have to add it to the trust store for the Java installation you use to run Eclipse. Maybe the "keytool -import" command described at https://docs.oracle.com/cd/E19830-01/819-4712/ablqw/ is what you need.

HTH,
Sam
Re: "Add Task Repository..." not possible - Finish button disabled [message #1769364 is a reply to message #1769290] Mon, 31 July 2017 05:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Sam,

Thanks a lot, I already tried adding the certificate to the keystore of my JDK / JRE, but the error message stays the same.
Do you know how to let eclipse know which keystore to use in eclipse neon?
Re: "Add Task Repository..." not possible - Finish button disabled [message #1769366 is a reply to message #1769290] Mon, 31 July 2017 06:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
After adding and Setting the following Parameters in eclipse.ini

Djavax.net.ssl.keyStore
Djavax.net.ssl.keyStorePassword
Djavax.net.ssl.keyStoreType

the error message has changed. now it reads:

"Unexpected error: Java.security.NoSuchAlgorithmException: Error constructing
implementation (algorithm: Default, Provider: SunJSSE, class:
sun.security.ssl.SSLContextImpl$DefaultSSLContext)"

Any Ideas?
Re: "Add Task Repository..." not possible - Finish button disabled [message #1769444 is a reply to message #1769366] Mon, 31 July 2017 16:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am not sure, but I think that message normally means there is something wrong with those parameters you are providing (e.g. password does not match the password of your keystore).

Sam
Re: "Add Task Repository..." not possible - Finish button disabled [message #1769499 is a reply to message #1769444] Tue, 01 August 2017 05:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i figured it out myself - here is what i did so far to get it working:
- create RSA key in eclipse and import it to my GitHub
- imported the SSL certificate of GitHub into my JREs cacerts keystore
Re: "Add Task Repository..." not possible - Finish button disabled [message #1769572 is a reply to message #1769499] Tue, 01 August 2017 18:11 Go to previous message
Great, thank you for sharing that solution.
Previous Topic:Preview button not available for web template connector
Next Topic:[Solved] Mylyn + Trac ticket display issue
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 22:57:52 GMT 2024