Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Resizing grid columns not working correctly in BIRT 4.7?(Resizing grid columns in BIRT 4.7 do not give the desired column length)
Resizing grid columns not working correctly in BIRT 4.7? [message #1769125] Wed, 26 July 2017 20:34 Go to next message
Eric Moon is currently offline Eric MoonFriend
index.php/fa/30148/0/

Hello all,

I've been using Eclipse Mars 2/BIRT 4.5 for the past year to develop reports, and that's been working fine. However, I recently discovered a new issue that I've been having in both Neon/BIRT 4.6 and Oxygen/BIRT 4.7.

If I insert a new Grid into my report design layout, it is not letting me drag the column headers to set my desired lengths. Whenever I attempt to drag the column header, the new width is completely off. This always worked well in Mars 2, so I'm not sure what changed. I don't know if this is a bug or if it's something I can simply change in Preferences.

You can see an example of what I mean in the picture attached. You'll notice I drag the column header to the left, and it actually expands instead of shrinks.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!
  • Attachment: birt.png
    (Size: 7.48KB, Downloaded 5828 times)
Re: Resizing grid columns not working correctly in BIRT 4.7? [message #1770875 is a reply to message #1769125] Fri, 18 August 2017 08:48 Go to previous message
Kyle Armstrong is currently offline Kyle ArmstrongFriend
I was having the same issue and came across your post. I have in the mean time been able to resolve my issue, hopefully it works for you to.

Open up your BIRT and the file you were having issues with resizing the columns, click on the area outside the report (the blueish gray area) and select general in the properties tab. At the bottom of the general tab in properties you should see Layout preference. Set that to Auto Layout instead of Fixed layout. That resolved my issue. Hope it resolves yours as well.
Previous Topic:2 data columns, 2 cells and IF statements
Next Topic:BIRT Dashboard
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 10:34:04 GMT 2024