Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Updated Java now Eclipse oxygen won't run.(Updated Java now Eclipse oxygen won't run.)
Updated Java now Eclipse oxygen won't run. [message #1769097] Wed, 26 July 2017 14:01 Go to next message
Mike Hardy is currently offline Mike HardyFriend
Help!!! Apologies if this has been done previously!! I am new to Java and currently learning.....slowly!! This morning my PC prompted me that I have an update for Java, I updated accordingly. Then when I go to open my Eclipse Oxygen I get the following message.

A Java Runtime Environment (JRE) or Java Development Kit (JDK) must be available in order to run eclipse. No Java virtual machine was found after searching the following locations .......

I did a google search and found a link on youtube that runs me though cutting a pasting into my environment variables which I followed to the letter but still no joy.... Can anyone advise or assist me in anyway?
Many thanks

Mike
Re: Updated Java now Eclipse oxygen won't run. [message #1769110 is a reply to message #1769097] Wed, 26 July 2017 15:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
Look in the eclipse.ini. Does it have a -vm option like this:
-vm
C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_121\bin
Look in the C:\Program Files\Java folder and find the newest version that exists there and replace it with that.

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Re: Updated Java now Eclipse oxygen won't run. [message #1769113 is a reply to message #1769110] Wed, 26 July 2017 15:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mike Hardy is currently offline Mike HardyFriend
Ed Merks - Thank you so much!!! I did what you said and it is now working!!!!

Thanks again!!!
Re: Updated Java now Eclipse oxygen won't run. [message #1769118 is a reply to message #1769113] Wed, 26 July 2017 17:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
Yes, I wish the Java installer didn't insist on deleting older installations, or at least it would be good if it asked if that's what you wanted. Of course there might be things referencing to the older version that you don't want to have broken...

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Re: Updated Java now Eclipse oxygen won't run. [message #1805579 is a reply to message #1769118] Wed, 17 April 2019 16:14 Go to previous message
Patrick Moran is currently offline Patrick MoranFriend
Maybe there is some way of hiding the old java files from the updating process, get the latest JRE, and then put the old one back where you got it. I haven't tried this.
Previous Topic: The installer the eclipse!
Next Topic:IDE GIT throws an exception when I try to import certain repos
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 03:17:22 GMT 2024