Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Internal error 3003: Unexpected error occurred - NullPointerException (Get this error when I copied an existing Test case to an existing test suite)
Internal error 3003: Unexpected error occurred - NullPointerException [message #1768540] Wed, 19 July 2017 19:22 Go to next message
Lynette Hsieh is currently offline Lynette HsiehFriend
Hello Jubula team,

I am hoping you might be able to help me with this error.

3004: Unexpected error occurred.
org.eclipse.jubula.tools.internal.exception.AssertException: Node with reference is not a child of a paramNode.
at org.eclipse.jubula.tools.internal.exception.Assert.verify(Assert.java:54)
at org.eclipse.jubula.tools.internal.exception.Assert.notReached(Assert.java:82)
at org.eclipse.jubula.client.core.utils.RefToken.computeReferenceName(RefToken.java:359)
at org.eclipse.jubula.client.core.utils.RefToken.getGuiString(RefToken.java:329)
at org.eclipse.jubula.client.core.utils.ModelParamValueConverter.getGuiString(ModelParamValueConverter.java:64)
at org.eclipse.jubula.client.core.model.ParamNodePO.isTestDataComplete(ParamNodePO.java:309)
at org.eclipse.jubula.client.core.model.ExecTestCasePO.isTestDataComplete(ExecTestCasePO.java:697)
at org.eclipse.jubula.client.core.businessprocess.compcheck.CompletenessGuard.checkLocalTestData(CompletenessGuard.java:229)
at org.eclipse.jubula.client.core.businessprocess.compcheck.CompletenessGuard$CheckTestDataCompleteness.operate(CompletenessGuard.java:97)
at org.eclipse.jubula.client.core.businessprocess.compcheck.CompletenessGuard$CheckTestDataCompleteness.operate(CompletenessGuard.java:1)
at org.eclipse.jubula.client.core.utils.TreeTraverser.traverseImpl(TreeTraverser.java:200)
at org.eclipse.jubula.client.core.utils.TreeTraverser.traverseImpl(TreeTraverser.java:220)
at org.eclipse.jubula.client.core.utils.TreeTraverser.traverseImpl(TreeTraverser.java:220)
at org.eclipse.jubula.client.core.utils.TreeTraverser.traverseExecPart(TreeTraverser.java:289)
at org.eclipse.jubula.client.core.utils.TreeTraverser.traverseProject(TreeTraverser.java:276)
at org.eclipse.jubula.client.core.utils.TreeTraverser.traverseImpl(TreeTraverser.java:216)
at org.eclipse.jubula.client.core.utils.TreeTraverser.traverse(TreeTraverser.java:349)
at org.eclipse.jubula.client.core.businessprocess.compcheck.CompletenessGuard.checkAll(CompletenessGuard.java:124)
at org.eclipse.jubula.client.ui.rcp.businessprocess.CompletenessBP$UICompletenessCheckOperation.run(CompletenessBP.java:185)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:55)

This is what I did:

I copied and pasted a test case say 'ResetDropresourceHistory' from another test case 'DropResourceHisotry' to the main test suite say 'ConfigurationManager'

Without saving anything I went back to 'DropResourceHistory' (test case) to inactivate the 'ResetDropResourceHistory' test case and I get this error.

I have tried to restart Jubula and open the same project again and get the same error as soon as I click on the offending test case.
The only way to get out of Jubula is to kill the process from Window's process manager (I can't even close it by clicking Exit or the x button)

I have been unable to resolve this and keep getting this error when I click on the 'ResetDropResourceHistory' test case (regardless of whether it was from the original location or the pasted location)

Question:
1) Is there a way to disable the completeness check when I open the project so I can move pass the error when I start Jubula and remove the offending test case?

2) What tables and records should I be looking at in the database to rectify this problem? I see the node table but cannot find where the refence to nodeParam is
(I am using mySQL)
Note: I did not have a recent back up of the jubula db so I cannot restore to previous point and I also did not have the binary log set to true in MySQL so that I can restore from a previous time-point.

I have attached the error log from Jubula as a reference. Any information you can provide would be greatly appreciated!

Windows 10 OS 64 bit
Jubula version 8.4.1.123
MySQL server 5.7.18

Lynette
  • Attachment: client.log
    (Size: 702.45KB, Downloaded 122 times)
Re: Internal error 3003: Unexpected error occurred - NullPointerException [message #1768606 is a reply to message #1768540] Thu, 20 July 2017 13:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lynette Hsieh is currently offline Lynette HsiehFriend
Hi Jubula team,

Just a follow-up on the initial post. I resolved the issue!

I just went into the MySQL database search for the relevant data for the parent test case under NODE table, locate the offending test case(s), delete them and restart both database server and Jubula.

This at least got me pass the NullPointerException error when I start Jubula (or click on the test case)

Hope this helps others who might encounter this problem in the future!

Happy testing!

Lynette
Re: Internal error 3003: Unexpected error occurred - NullPointerException [message #1768849 is a reply to message #1768606] Mon, 24 July 2017 10:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Marvin Mueller is currently offline Marvin MuellerFriend
Thanks for the Information!

We have already fixed this bug in Jubula 8.5.0 see https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=512549.

I am glad you found a way around it.

best regards
Marvin Mueller

[Updated on: Mon, 24 July 2017 10:51]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Internal error 3003: Unexpected error occurred - NullPointerException [message #1784341 is a reply to message #1768849] Tue, 27 March 2018 06:49 Go to previous message
Amar Sai is currently offline Amar SaiFriend
Hi Jubula Team

I have been facing the same problem in Jubula 8.5.0, Can you please check and let me know regarding this issue.

Error : An internal error occurred during: "Completeness Check".
Node with reference is not a child of a paramNode.

Regards
Amar
Previous Topic:GEF inspector lost AUTconnection
Next Topic:Jubula can not map objects on the installer that built by InstallAnywhere2015
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 23:40:20 GMT 2024