Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » C++ generation is missing
C++ generation is missing [message #1768432] Tue, 18 July 2017 15:43 Go to next message
Bohdan Kornienko is currently offline Bohdan KornienkoFriend
Hello community!

I am trying to get into Papyrus. And I am interested in C++ context.

When I follow instructions in
https://wiki.eclipse.org/Papyrus/Codegen/Cpp_description

"Help->Install Papyrus additional components". Pick "C++ code generation" from the list.

Well. There is only several of Moka and SysML and another things. But nothing about C++.

Could you advice me what should I do in order to make Papyrus being C++ fully supportable?
Re: C++ generation is missing [message #1768493 is a reply to message #1768432] Wed, 19 July 2017 13:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stephen Blackwell is currently offline Stephen BlackwellFriend
I would suspect that the web page is out of date. Try this:

Help->About Eclipse.
Click the "Installation Details" button in the bottom left corner of the window that pops up.
Scroll down the list and look for the Papyrus components. I have

Papyrus base elements for code generation (Incubation) 1.0.4.201704200015 org.eclipse.papyrus.designer.languages.common.feature.feature.group Eclipse Modeling Project
Papyrus C++ profile, view and code generation (Incubation) 1.0.4.201704200015 org.eclipse.papyrus.designer.languages.cpp.feature.feature.group Eclipse Modeling Project
Papyrus Designer Unified component model (Incubation) 0.7.5.201704200015 org.eclipse.papyrus.designer.ucm.feature.feature.group Eclipse Modeling Project

I do have a nightly update installed on top of Papyrus 2.0.3 to overcome a couple of issues so your version numbers may be different but I don't recall having to install anything extra to have C++ code generation work.

Steve.
Re: C++ generation is missing [message #1768511 is a reply to message #1768493] Wed, 19 July 2017 15:18 Go to previous message
Ansgar Radermacher is currently offline Ansgar RadermacherFriend
I updated the wiki page, thanks for pointing this out.

If C++ is not in the list of "install Papyrus additional components", then you are likely already using the Eclipse oxygen release of Papyrus for which C++ code generation is currently not available (or a pre-neon version). An oxygen version will be available with the next release (that should come at the end of this month).

In the meantime, it is possible to install the C++ code generation for neon in an oxygen environment if you use the following update site.
http://download.eclipse.org/modeling/mdt/papyrus/components/designer/
Previous Topic:Packages in Papyrus
Next Topic:Unable to display navigable Member End names in attribute compartment
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 23:26:13 GMT 2024