Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Neon 4.6.3 flickering on Mac(Neon 4.6.3 flickers very badly between medium gray and text as you scroll around)
Neon 4.6.3 flickering on Mac [message #1768417] Tue, 18 July 2017 13:26
Jonathan Locke is currently offline Jonathan LockeFriend
Is there some way to enable double-buffering of graphics in Neon? Maybe an environment variable or a command line option? I found help for Linux on this, but none for Mac.

It's not just the code area that's flickering, but every area of Neon (and no other app on my Mac). The screen flickers so much that it's painted medium gray about half the time as I scroll around. The painting is actually 100% correct when I stop scrolling or moving something, but during the scroll or move it's unreadable, which makes it hard to scroll to the right place. Every other thing about Neon is better than earlier versions, but this is a major user experience regression. Since obviously Eclipse developers would have checked this out before shipping 4.6.3, I'm wondering if there was some change to SWT, MacOS or Java that turned off double buffering as a default. If that default was changed, maybe there's some way to switch it back on.

Thanks!

Jon
Previous Topic:How to change the language of Minimize/Maximize button in a PartStack?
Next Topic:Eclipse Installer fails on Window 7, unable to install.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 14:00:51 GMT 2024