Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Kapua » Kura & Kapua connection(connection was established but device isn't listed)
Kura & Kapua connection [message #1768317] Mon, 17 July 2017 12:27 Go to next message
Prz J is currently offline Prz JFriend
It seems that everything is set up correctly: Kura runs on Raspberry Pi 3, Kapua is on pc within the same local wifi. Kura status is "connected" and on "Wires" a timer was set to send data every second. Kapua sees my device ("connections" tab) and even receives timer's data.

The problem is Kapua does not list my Raspberry on "devices" tab.

Here's my log:
  • Attachment: kura.log
    (Size: 5.21KB, Downloaded 215 times)
Re: Kura & Kapua connection [message #1768562 is a reply to message #1768317] Thu, 20 July 2017 05:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LI Yi is currently offline LI YiFriend
HI, I am using kura and Kapa now ,but my device can not connect to my kapua, would you like to show me details about how to connect them?

In fact ,I have tried input the mqtt://127.0.0.1:1883/ but
the kura tells me that connection error. I want to know the correct method to connect them.

Thank you very much!
Best Regards Liyi!
Re: Kura & Kapua connection [message #1771363 is a reply to message #1768317] Thu, 24 August 2017 11:21 Go to previous message
Leonardo Gaube is currently offline Leonardo GaubeFriend
Hi Prz J,

there is a pending Pull Request (PR) which explains how to connect Kura Gateway (In this case Raspberry Pi with Kura 3.0) locally to Kapua.

It has not been merged yet, but anyway I am sending the link.

This document will be updated, but for now I think it will be OK.
The link is: https://github.com/eclipse/kapua/pull/780/files.

After it will be merged, it will be located under /docs (https://github.com/eclipse/kapua/tree/develop/docs).

Basically you need to create new Account and User in Kapua, because kapua-sys user cannot receive data.

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Leonardo
Previous Topic:setting Kapua with Kura
Next Topic:Kapua and Eurotech Everywhere
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 12:41:10 GMT 2024