Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » A detailed record of Java history - like Kernighan- & Richie- 's book(A detailed history of Java programming language, like the first release, files included, et al)
A detailed record of Java history - like Kernighan- & Richie- 's book [message #1768313] Mon, 17 July 2017 10:57 Go to next message
RajibKumar Bandopadhyay is currently offline RajibKumar BandopadhyayFriend
What I want to know is the detailed record of Java history - like Kernighan- & Richie- 's The C Programming Language book. The detailed history of Java programming language should include the way the program was developed, the original libraries and files, et al.
I already have read the first two points of the page, History of Java programming language freejavaguide.com, like:
www.freejavaguide.com
... Unlike conventional languages which are generally designed either to be compiled to native (machine) code, or to be interpreted from source code at runtime, Java is intended to be compiled to a bytecode, which is then run (generally using JIT compilation) by a Java Virtual Machine ...
Sun distinguishes between its Software Development Kit (SDK) and Runtime Environment (JRE) which is a subset of the SDK, the primary distinction being that in the JRE the compiler is not present.

But I want to know more, just like there is more in Kernighan- & Richie- 's The C Programming Language book about the C programming, like the sample illustrative codes, the basic C libraries, et al.

[Updated on: Mon, 17 July 2017 11:15]

Report message to a moderator

Re: A detailed record of Java history - like Kernighan- & Richie- 's book [message #1768315 is a reply to message #1768313] Mon, 17 July 2017 11:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
It would be best if you focus your questions on this forum to ones that are about how to use Eclipse's tools and frameworks.

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Re: A detailed record of Java history - like Kernighan- & Richie- 's book [message #1768324 is a reply to message #1768315] Mon, 17 July 2017 13:37 Go to previous message
RajibKumar Bandopadhyay is currently offline RajibKumar BandopadhyayFriend
Okay. Understood. I will let the thread die its natural death, but shall keep this post here with a positive expectation that someone might help in future, via PM at least!
Thank you for alerting me!

Sun Jul 23 13:20:50 IST 2017
A little better history than the History of Java programming language freejavaguide.com is available in Wikipedia. Comment left for the wandering poster arriving to this thread, using a search engine.

[Updated on: Sun, 23 July 2017 07:55]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:3d Shape Class
Next Topic:Oxygen: target editor missing?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 17:03:39 GMT 2024