Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Sirius » Synchronization between xTtext editor and Sirius editor - location nodes
Synchronization between xTtext editor and Sirius editor - location nodes [message #1768055] Thu, 13 July 2017 10:19 Go to next message
Martin Jedlicka is currently offline Martin JedlickaFriend
Hi,

I have a question for synchronization between xTtext editor and Sirius editor.

• In the xText editor, I have three nodes: Start, Operation, End. Attachment init_state.png.
  • If I place a new node in the xText editor at the end (after the End node), a new node will be added to the Sirius editor at [0,0] and the other nodes will remain in the same position. Attachment add_node_after_end.png and add_node_after_end.aird
  • If I place a new node in the xText editor at the end (after the End node), a new node will be added to the Sirius editor at [0,0], but all the other nodes that are behind this newly added node will also move to [0.0] - are lost arrangeConstraints KEEP_SIZE, KEEP_LOCATION a KEEP_RATIO. The same problem is when the two existing nodes are swapped or one of the existing nodes is deleted in the xText editor. Attachment add_node_before_end.png and add_node_before_end.aird

Do not you know how to avoid losing the position of existing nodes when adding a new node in the xText editor?

Thank you for your advice.

Martin

[Updated on: Thu, 13 July 2017 12:02]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Synchronization between xTtext editor and Sirius editor - location nodes [message #1768072 is a reply to message #1768055] Thu, 13 July 2017 12:06 Go to previous message
Maxime Porhel is currently offline Maxime PorhelFriend
Hi Martin,

It seems you encounter the same issues than the following posts:
- https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/1087235/
- https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/1087322/

This comes from the way Sirius serialize the reference to your xtext model, with the index of elements in their containing lists, using eKeys or fragment provider should solve your issue.

Regards,

Maxime
Previous Topic:Aird Editor - Customize tree structure of model elements.
Next Topic:Remote Project?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 06:57:35 GMT 2024